• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmotPoker1986

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Knox
    Thnx for all the info guys, I appreciate it. Loved that little xd vs. glock video!!! lol I think i'm going to head up to blythes this weekend and make my decision up there while I have them all in my hands.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Really, Horn?
    t555k8.jpg

I'm not one to argue, but...:D

They may be similar as it comes off the trigger gaurd, but that's about it. A glock feels nothing like a 1911 in my hand. My wrist isn't at the same angle when I'm target with each gun.

Throw in the double vs. single stack aspect, and it's even worse for me personally.

Rizzo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    My advice is make sure you have not a smotpoker while shooting guns. Thanks.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Friends don't let friends buy XD.

bah! hater

:D

To the OP:
    My XD9 has been FLAWLESS. Can it be argued that .45 might have better "stopping power" per round? Sure, but who is going to fire just ONE round? With a 9mm you get more rounds in the mag, it is easier to return to POA after each shot, and the cost savings on ammo could buy you another gun in no time..

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I'm too lazy to read all the posts this morning but I had an XD in .40 S&W and got tired of the weight. I went to a Glock 22 which was lighter and held 2 more rounds. However I love my G30 in .45 auto. It holds 10 + 1, is light, doesn't kick hard, is considered a compact and is very accurate with a good factory trigger. You just can't beat a .45. Many gun writers have stated they consider it about the only caliber that will put a bad guy down even if the hollow point slug doesn't open up. You can get a new one for $547 from Buds with free shipping to a FFL of your choice and probably pay a $20 transfer fee.

Glock G30SF 45 10RD FS $547.00 SHIPS FREE

Another great feature about Glocks is that a compact or subcompact will accept the magazine for its full size big brother. You can carry a spare 13 rounder made for the G21 and it will lock in to your g30.

Now don't pay attention to any of the other posters trying to lead you astray. Go Austrian. :D

[STRIKE]Doesn't the .45 XD full size mags fit the compact pistols like the 9 and .40 do?[/STRIKE]

Never mind, answered above, lol.

So then I guess my question is, could you really feel the difference in losing 4oz when switching from the XD to the Glock? :dunno:

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    "And isn't the XD just a better updated version of the glock, more or less?"

Oh the blasphemy smotpoker!! :D

The .45 is going to cost you more at the range. And you are going to need time at the range to get adjusted to it. To handle the needs you are asking I would not go with the 4 inch Springfield XD. You would probably want a more compact version.

If you get the opportunity, check out the Springfield Armory and the Glock side by side. I saw the Glock 30 mentioned. You could never go wrong with them. :twocents:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    So Ive been reading along this thread for awhile and I figured I would stir the pot a little and throw out a suggestion for the FNP-45 USG. DA/SA or cocked and locked option, a comfortable grip and 14 rnds of .45acp all for around $650. Seems like the best deal to me.

jmartin72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    Covington
    .45 is too expensive to plink with. 9mm is cheep and 9mm hollow points are good for self defense. Go with a Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm compact. easy to carry. and very accurate. the perfect gun!

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    .45 is too expensive to plink with. 9mm is cheep and 9mm hollow points are good for self defense. Go with a Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm compact. easy to carry. and very accurate. the perfect gun!
    If cost of practice ammo is the major consideration why not go to a .22? It is super cheap. Only problem is while you are contemplating how fast you can draw and put a couple rounds into a BG you might be wishing you had that "expensive" .45. I reload for my .45 and .40 and I'd take either in a fight over something I bought for cheap practice.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    [STRIKE]Doesn't the .45 XD full size mags fit the compact pistols like the 9 and .40 do?[/STRIKE]

Never mind, answered above, lol.

So then I guess my question is, could you really feel the difference in losing 4oz when switching from the XD to the Glock? :dunno:
    I actually hadn't shot my XD 40 for awhile and had remembered that the trigger was one of the best I'd had-until I got my 23. Dang, that trigger felt a little better. That's when I traded the chunk of steel.

Top Bottom