• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Well, I guess I did miss something here, no mention of a shoulder stock, but what most people refer to as a "trapper" would be a shoulder fired gun, H&R also made a 22 handgun called a "trapper", but the pistol grip shotgun is called a "Handy Gun", these were [STRIKE]licensed[/STRIKE] taxed as AOW's.

Thats right I was thinking of the "Topper" which is the throw away shotgun. H&R went belly up in 1986 and was picked up by Freedom Groups (New England Firearms) in 1988.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I received a response from Eric Larson just a while ago. I gave him a brief synopsis of the situation so he knew the limitations we were working within. Good news. His response is below.

A couple of things:

1. Removing the barrel instantly removes the Handy-Gun from purview of the NFA, and transforms it into a Title I firearm, i.e., a receiver only.

2. Contact gunsmith Wayne York, he is in Oregon, he charges $200 to rifle Handy-Gun barrels according to ATF specs to remove them from the NFA. Once the barrel is rifled, the gun can be lawfully reassembled and it is nothing more than an ordinary handgun.

3. If the police are reasonable, they will let the barrel go, keep the receiver, and turn the gun over once the barrel is rifled per ATF specifications. In any case, there is no law that I know of that would prohibit the barrel from being removed and given over to be rifled.

Hope this helps,

Eric M. Larson

ETA, here is Wayne's website: http://www.oregunsmithingllc.com/About-Us---Services.html

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I received a response from Eric Larson just a while ago. I gave him a brief synopsis of the situation so he knew the limitations we were working within. Good news. His response is below.

ETA, here is Wayne's website: About Us - Services

Many thanks for your work on this. I think we just might have a happy guy once he gets this information.

Top Bottom