• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Well known copyright troll law firm RightHaven is getting the same treatment they wanted for their victims. US Marshals will be going to their offices to seize bank accounts and/or property in order to pay off a judgment that was rendered against them by the courts. Maybe now they'll pack up and go back to chasing ambulances instead of going after websites and posters.

US Marshals turned loose to collect $63,720.80 from Righthaven

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Serves those SOBs right. They attempted to all but destroy fair use of copyrighted materials. Their impact extended far beyond their own content to affect pretty much everyone on the web, including INGO.

For those who don't remember, it used to be standard procedure when talking about a non-INGO article to quote a small, representative section of the article and provide a link for those that wanted to read more. I always found that much more satisfying than only being allowed to paraphrase, because you lose the tone and can sometimes garble the meaning of the original article.

$63K is far too small to represent the damage Righthaven has done to our rights.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    I like the reasonable force part of the article. In Nevada a tank is considered reasonable force. Link coming when I can find the article.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    pwnd.jpg

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009