4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Organizing a protest with the intent of causing violence is already illegal. Inciting a riot much?

We need to be very careful not to overstep free speech. If somebody organizes a legitimate protest and it turns violent because of dip****s I don't want the organizers being arrested.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Organizing a protest with the intent of causing violence is already illegal. Inciting a riot much?

We need to be very careful not to overstep free speech. If somebody organizes a legitimate protest and it turns violent because of dip****s I don't want the organizers being arrested.

Correct, except for the cases where the organizers were specifically seeking to incite violence by organizing their "protest," as with the execrable Bob Creamer, who was caught on a Project Veritas hidden camera bragging about deliberately sending people to Trump rallies with the specific purpose of instigating violence.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think, like what I said the other day about Al Copone, it would be a way to get to the source. The money man..... Soros? Don't know if you don't try. By the way, Hi.

Hey Gary! I personally think Washington's law is pretty redundant. No need for more laws on the books, and people shouldn't be afraid to organize protests when, obviously subverse persons may make them liable for those person's illegal acts.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Leftist open-carry in Austin, Texas

occcmzlrasyx.jpg

Look familiar?
    I wonder who they'd call if a gang showed up and started beating them? Police?
    Or drove a car through the protesters? Police?
    (language warning)
    [video]http://www.facebook.com/vidmaxmedia/videos/1360394033971429/[/video]

ars

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    Zionsville
    Riots are against the law. Organizing riots are against the law. However, I am extremely encouraged by all the marches and demonstrations. I hope this keeps the opposing side involved so we can make real progress. Democracy demands we PEACEFULLY protest. Democracy demands we publicly state our beliefs and keep and stating those beliefs until we are heard. I applaud the peaceful demonstrators for speaking out against what they believe is potentially a tyrannical presidency. I don't remember any of us who did the same when we opposed Obama being elected. If we had, possibly some of the nonsense of the last 8 years would have been prevented. I think this is a great time to be an American and am very excited. We are going to prove to the world why we are the greatest country in existence today.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Riots are against the law. Organizing riots are against the law. However, I am extremely encouraged by all the marches and demonstrations. I hope this keeps the opposing side involved so we can make real progress. Democracy demands we PEACEFULLY protest. Democracy demands we publicly state our beliefs and keep and stating those beliefs until we are heard. I applaud the peaceful demonstrators for speaking out against what they believe is potentially a tyrannical presidency. I don't remember any of us who did the same when we opposed Obama being elected. If we had, possibly some of the nonsense of the last 8 years would have been prevented. I think this is a great time to be an American and am very excited. We are going to prove to the world why we are the greatest country in existence today.

Ha, you obviously are new, bringing in rational thought.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ... We are going to prove to the world why we are the greatest country in existence today.

Because we spend more on military offense and covert empire meddling than the rest of the world combined and will kick every other country's a$$es if they don't ask how high when we tell them to jump?

I think we've already proven that. ;)

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem

Agree with much of this... some clarification. Most of us were too busy running our businesses and _working_ to protest Obama. We _did_ elect Representatives and we held their feet to the fire in blocking as much of the legislation as possible. There was no practical way of blocking Obamacare. So when it took hold, we made sure that the backlash was as much as we could make it. This was IN SPITE OF Trump (who was arguably the least unifying candidate we could have picked). While I'm all for peaceful protest, fair enough... my suggestion to the protesters is : do what a lot of US did. Suck it up, get back to work, and SHOW us why your ideas are better. And then discuss them in places like INGO. And we'll see you at the next election.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Agree with much of this... some clarification. Most of us were too busy running our businesses and _working_ to protest Obama. We _did_ elect Representatives and we held their feet to the fire in blocking as much of the legislation as possible. There was no practical way of blocking Obamacare. So when it took hold, we made sure that the backlash was as much as we could make it. This was IN SPITE OF Trump (who was arguably the least unifying candidate we could have picked). While I'm all for peaceful protest, fair enough... my suggestion to the protesters is : do what a lot of US did. Suck it up, get back to work, and SHOW us why your ideas are better. And then discuss them in places like INGO. And we'll see you at the next election.

Discuss them on places like INGO? Sure, unpopular views are extended the utmost respect, lol.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Discuss them on places like INGO? Sure, unpopular views are extended the utmost respect, lol.

Unpopular views are, by their very definition,ummmm.. _unpopular_. Expecting them to have instant respect isn't a good bet. But if it's what you truly believe - stick with it. People will eventually listen. Today's crazy crackpot is tomorrow's visonary....

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Unpopular views are, by their very definition,ummmm.. _unpopular_. Expecting them to have instant respect isn't a good bet. But if it's what you truly believe - stick with it. People will eventually listen. Today's crazy crackpot is tomorrow's visonary....

Sometimes. Sometimes they're just tomorrow's crackpot just with greyer hair.

Top Bottom