• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I hate to piggy back on this thread with my question, but I just picked up the rm07 (6.5 moa) for my M&P9 edc.
    My issue is, I just cannot see the sights anymore (readers and such), and wanted to see if an rmr would help give me a sighting solution, with a really big dot. I was worried the 6.5 moa wasn't going to be large enough, but was plenty bright and big enough to see at arms length, while still allowing me to focus on the target (which I can still see 20/20 at distance just fine).

So, I spent the $ to get the dovetail rear sight replacement mount. Mostly to see if it's going to work for me without milling the slide. But partially because even if it does work, a backup rear sight is really not going to help me whatsoever beyond the 3 yd, 3 shots, 3 secs rule anyways.

bonus, the sharktac guys said they can try to cut my holster to fit at no additional cost once I get it installed. +1

Anyone else here in a similar predicament that went the same route? Happy about it? sad about it? Should I have asked before I bought it? lol
    ok, well I had shot one with an rmr before and was more than impressed, so I didn't go into it totally blind (well, beyond needing 3.0 readers lol)

I've seen the Balor mount that Raven makes for Glock pistols... But I've not seen one for M&P pistols (that I can recall) What mount did you get? I'm intrigued...

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Well, it arrived and I got it mounted. I tagged you 'TF' on FB to see the results.
    If anyone else is interested let me know and I will post here.

Overall I am happy. I don't have a backup sight solution, but as previously mentioned, a backup iron sight solution is pretty much worthless to my eyes.

Top Bottom