• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus said in a radio interview today that the party will fast-track the GOP primaries by cutting the number of presidential debates in half and moving the convention up to July 2016.

The party establishment evidently does not like the public to get to know the candidates too well. Less tough questions and more ambiguity will make for stronger candidates, according to the elites.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    With some of the clowns they're thinking about running, it would probably be a good idea to get them coronated before all the dirty laundry is brought out and examined too closely.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I don't have a problem with this. There were too many debates last time, and I skipped at least one completely.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Could never understand why the GOP would go along with the debates where the moderator is clearly a hostile liberal. They softball the liberal candidate and pull out the whole bag of tricks on the GOP candidate, trying to trip him/her up. Some even help the liberal when they stumble. (see: Candy Crowley) Gingrich was good at calling them on this and though he has his share of personal baggage, I miss him. The best debate, IMO, would be having a liberal AND conservative moderator.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus said in a radio interview today that the party will fast-track the GOP primaries by cutting the number of presidential debates in half and moving the convention up to July 2016.

The party establishment evidently does not like the public to get to know the candidates too well. Less tough questions and more ambiguity will make for stronger candidates, according to the elites.

So, political parties that limit the number of debates and have conventions earlier than August are bad/evil/not to be trusted?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Debates are theater. If that's how you think we get to know candidates, I guess watching "Apollo 13" we get to know the real Tom Hanks.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Debates are theater. If that's how you think we get to know candidates, I guess watching "Apollo 13" we get to know the real Tom Hanks.

Hey, you know what I found out? Couple of things:

1. The Libertarian National Convention is in May of 2016.

2. AND, the Libertarians will have ONE debate . . . at the convention.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Why don't the Libertarians have debates then? Why do the Libertarians have their convention in May? What are the Libertarians hiding?
    How should I know and why should I care? I am an elected Republican. The party I participate in is restricting the debate, literally.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

Hmmm...I didn't see anything about the LP in the OP. Oh, wait. It's just another lame attempt by Kirk to distract from the issue at hand.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Is the debate about how they will explain accepting matching funds if they ever qualify for them?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Is the debate about how they will explain accepting matching funds if they ever qualify for them?

Not yet. Nor have we gotten to point where, like the LP candidate for sheriff of Lawrence County, said that he thought it would be necessary to use taxpayer funded drug programs to combat meth problems in the LC.

Top Bottom