• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    For those of you attending please CC ONLY if you plan on carrying.

The location is a building (1/2 rental hall; 1/2 bar) owned by a club called Sociedad Mutialista Mexicana (SMM) rough translation is a Mexican Mutual Suport Group. They are a civil/social organization that was established in 1929. Originally (back in the 20s-40s) they helped Mexican immigrants in NWI area to get assemelated (??sp??)into american society and help them in jobs at the steel mills. Eventually that mission turned into one of social events (adult parties (ie. new years, labor day, etc..), parties of the member's kids (Christmas, Halloween, etc) as well as sponsoring area sport groups (little league, dance groups, etc..)

I attended tonight's meeting to tell them a little bit more of what the event that their dance group is sponsoring is all about, the cost, show them the flyer and answer any questions.

From what I can tell SMM currently has 2 youth groups (a dance group; which my daughter is in and thus how I was able to get the hall for free) and a little league baseball team they sponsor (from the various trophies and team pics on the wall).

What I noticed is they have 2 signs one near the bar and the other near the "bar portion" of the hall that says no firearms or weapons on the premises. Thus my first statement of CC only. I did not ask them about the signs and since we are getting the hall for free I'm not going to making any waves about it.

The dance group is looking to do a lunch fund raiser that day as well. I'm still in talks over what food but it looks like for $5 you can buy a meal from them. From what I heard at the meeting this event along with several others (Halloween party, thanksgiving dinner, girls night) are all being done to raise funds for their annual kids Christmas party.

---
    On a different note we still need a few volunteers to play the victim roles. if you know of anyone 18+ who does not mind having "gore makeup" put on them and being treated please let me or RNM know about it.

@Clif45
    Will you be able to drop of flyers at the usual store in Porter County
    (Bltyes, Bass Pro)

I plan on hitting the ones in Lake County

@Ghost
    Can you give the flyer to NPCCC and have them spam their email list as well?

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    I can let the powers that be know and see if they will forward it to the mailing list. I can also post flyers at the club as well. Get me a PDF copy of the flyer and I will see if they will send it out to club members.

Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Well the name isn't redneckbasic or redneckintermediate is it? ;)

Yes, NREMTP.

After being a lowly EMT-B for 5 years I've seen the term "Medic" thrown around alot, even by first responders, so you know where I'm coming from. After working 5 years in Gary, I decided to drop all the initials and simplify, with RN ;).

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    After being a lowly EMT-B for 5 years I've seen the term "Medic" thrown around alot, even by first responders, so you know where I'm coming from. After working 5 years in Gary, I decided to drop all the initials and simplify, with RN ;).

This class would be perfect for you then. :laugh: (With that said... my wife is an RN also)

Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Sure, I'd love to help you teach it, pro bono :yesway:

I have BTLS "Advanced", PALS, IV, etc....just waiting on ACLS :rockwoot: Seems impossible to find a class around here.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    I'll be a single ship for this event...wife chickened out. The girlfriend won't be able to come either :P :D

Jedi: If you can email me the PDF for the flier, I'll print some off and hand them out at my police academy class on Thursday, and try and get some more interest. So far it looks like a small turn out :(

You should still have my email (it's pretty easy to remember ;) )

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I'll be a single ship for this event...wife chickened out. The girlfriend won't be able to come either :P :D

Jedi: If you can email me the PDF for the flier, I'll print some off and hand them out at my police academy class on Thursday, and try and get some more interest. So far it looks like a small turn out :(

You should still have my email (it's pretty easy to remember ;) )

Link to the flyer:
    www.bravehardt.com/Jedi/AMP/files/RNMFlyer.doc

BTW you need to get another girlfriend since the 1 u have does not want 2 come. :D

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I would like to get my son in the class but I'm not sure I can scrounge up the $55 before class day and more importantly, what is the age cut off? He's 17.

BTW, are you still looking for role players? I might be interested.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Any word on age cut off?

Cut off is really about maturity. I've had as young as 14 in my class. So if you think he can handle the material, he is more than welcome.... friendly warning to all... this isn't your bread and butter BSA First Aid Class. This is real life trauma and medical training, there will be shock and awe.

PM inbound.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Ok ... I will have my son there.

Since I will be his ride, I wouldn't mind being one of your role players ... if you still need them.

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    Sorry guys but count me OUT. Between the broken wrist and other fun problems, there is no way I can make it.

This looked great.

Top Bottom