Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Road rage, accident centers on Obama bumper sticker

Posted: Mar 26, 2010 12:38 AM EDT
    12208009_BG3.jpg
    Harry Weisiger is charged with felony reckless endangerment.
    12208009_BG2.jpg

12208009_BG1.jpg

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - A Nashville man says he and his 10-year-old daughter were victims of road rage Thursday afternoon, all because of a political bumper sticker on his car.
    Mark Duren told News 2 the incident happened around 4:30p.m., while he was driving on Blair Boulevard, not far from Belmont University.
    He said Harry Weisiger gave him the bird and rammed into his vehicle, after noticing an Obama-Biden sticker on his car bumper.

Duren had just picked up his 10-year-old daughter from school and had her in the car with him.
    "He pointed at the back of my car," Duren said, "the bumper, flipped me off, one finger salute."
    But it didn't end there.
    Duren told News 2 that Weisiger honked his horn at him for awhile, as Duren stopped at a stop sign.
    Once he started driving again, down Blair Boulevard, towards his home, he said, "I looked in the rear view mirror again, and this same SUV was speeding, flying up behind me, bumped me."
    Duren said he applied his brake and the SUV smashed into the back of his car.
    He then put his car in park to take care of the accident, but Weisiger started pushing the car using his SUV.
    Duren said, "He pushed my car up towards the sidewalk, almost onto the sidewalk."
    Police say Harry Weisiger is charged with felony reckless endangerment in the incident.

The anger is starting to boil over. An incident of this type could go very wrong and things could start changing rapidly.

garlic_b

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Bloomington
    Good thing neither were armed and in a bad mood that day. Could have very easily escalated.

I'm glad we have all figured out how to civilly agree to disagree as well as tolerate differing viewpoints and perspectives.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    The anger is there; the catalyst, I pray, is not. . .

Just think what will start happening if they push through Cap and Tax, National ID, or, God forbid, another AWB....

I now see who "Us" and "Them" will be....

dbd870

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    The anger is starting to boil over.

Yes it is; you do have to wonder how far away something is. A guy at work was just recently saying how he's noticed it feels like it is getting close to blowing up. I wish the midterm elections were here now, maybe a good shift in at least one of the houses would help diffuse the anger out there.

booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    sorry if you don't agree with me, but the guy who hit the other guy is a freakin moron!!! I am as angry as the next person but this is a stupid act on his part, he deserves what he gets when they take him to jail.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Here's the real problem!

Those of us conservatives are too busy working and making a living. liberals are laying in bed till there welfare check is direct deposited. They only have to work a few weeks a year when the democrats bus them around to vote early and often! Some how I'm going to find time to volunteer for my local Republican Party. I'd support the libertarians If I thought they'd have a prayer of winning something. Never have done it before because fighting Carson for Congress is almost futile but this time I'm gonna do Something! Revolution at the polls! If that dosen't work then Plan B what ever that will be!

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Maybe its just me. But this kind of crap just reinforces the Liberal sheepeople view of the conservative redneck out of control. What really disturbs me is the guy in the car had his 10 year old daughter in the car. Aside from the danger this jerk put her in what do you think her opinion is going to be of conservatives now.

And yes I do think this is a very polar right vs left thing.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    There's really only one solution to this type of problem. Obama stickers should be outlawed, but short of that, you should have to get training and a license to have one on your vehicle. Clearly these stickers cause violence.

Top Bottom