• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • herby31

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    fort wayne
    So this weekend i'm helping my little brother move home to ft wayne from houston. Can anyone suggest some good attractions to stop and see along I65? Our route takes us northeast through birmingham, AL then north on 65 til 465. Attractions dont have to be gun related, but he and i are both 2a kinda guys. I'm open to suggestions. Oh also he and i are both 20-somethings and Marines, so maybe something olive drab flavored could be cool too. Thanks ingo!

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    A side trip to the Patton Museum at Ft. Know would add about 20 miles to your trip, but might be worth it. PM me if you're interested, I'll give directions.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Don't know about about sites to see, but you can get some really great BBQ just before Birmingham at Bob Syke's in Bessemer, AL. And do not miss out on the pie. It may be the best thing you ever eat.
    Bob Syke's Bar B Que
    1724 9th Ave N Bessemer, AL 35020
    (205) 426-1400

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    Stop for BBQ at this little place between Mammoth Cave and Lousiville - Big Bubba Bucks Belly Bustin' BBQ Bliss. It doesn't look like much from the outside, heck doesn't look like much on the inside, but it's great BBQ and it's not a chain. Just honest home cooked food. Also, just off of the interstate on the way toward Mammoth Cave is a place that sells fudge made with liquors - Wild Turkey, bourbons, vodka etc. I forget the name I just remember it's on the right as you head west on KY 70 from I-65. Fudge made with Wild Turkey tastes a lot better than it sounds.

herby31

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    fort wayne
    Thanks for the responses, all! Unfortunately the auto hauler we are pulling will not follow well at the speeds we were hoping to travel, thus increasing our travel time by about ten to fifteen percent. Its going to be a long haul full of disgusted looks today, i think, and probably no time for fun stops. The patton museum and whiskey fudge sound like winners, but after 9 months straight away from kith and kin my brother is itching to get home.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom