• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Vidoe at the link, I don't know how to embed it here. I have no background info on the incident itself except what appears in the caption I used for the thread title. The tumblr account it is hosted on is by a guy who apparently works, or has worked, with the Mexican police in fighting the drug cartels in Mexico, and he runs knife-fighting and escape seminars as well. It would not surprise me if the video is from a Mexican bank or similar institution.

I like how the would-be victim distracts the robber by dropping all his stuff and camouflages his draw by walking behind the woman standing there.

Robbed the wrong man?

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    What did the perp do it him? It looks like he patted him on the back of the head? I didn't see a weapon or anything?

If you stop the action at 0:03 and look carefully, you will see a (what I believe to be a) gun in the right hand of the guy in the blue shirt who just walked up. He's pointing it at the guy in the black shirt. Notice that blue shirt keeps his elbow bent and holds his right arm still, doesn't use his right hand to pick up the stuff on the floor. That also makes me thing he is holding a gun in his right hand.

ETA: You can also see it at about 0:19.

Last edited:

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Yeah I see now, but I don't get why everyone else just looks at them like nothing is happening. It even looks like one of the girls is smiling or laughing. The other people don't do **** until gunshots start happening.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Great example of how distraction and a concealed draw can beat an already drawn gun. Thanks for sharing.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Yeah I see now, but I don't get why everyone else just looks at them like nothing is happening. It even looks like one of the girls is smiling or laughing. The other people don't do **** until gunshots start happening.
    I think they just did not "see" what was happening -- too focused on what they were doing, not on what others were doing. It's like this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfA3ivLK_tE

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I counted 3 shots by the good guy. Couldn't tell if the bad guy got off any. Might have been 3 to 0. fwiw.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I'm amazed that the others were so distracted that seemingly NOBODY knew what was going on or even who the good guy was. They were all down and looking afraid of the shooter.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Dude in the zebra shorts definitely is seeing what's going on as well as the lady in the purple top. They just don't give 2 craps until someone starts shooting.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

See? Probably. Perceive? Probably not.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Looks like after the threat goes down he perceives another potential thread and moves to that target, then back to the original threat.

Good thing he added that kick for good measure at the end.

Top Bottom