• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Constructionist

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    And now you know why corporations ban guns on their premises.

I've often said that I'm not allowed to carry when on duty as a pharmacist for this very reason - my death benefits are much cheaper than a lawsuit against me exercising my right to self-defense.

On another note, doesn't Indiana law prohibit lawsuits against self-defense scenarios? Or is the fact that a corporation is involved change that?

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Her child was in there to buy some popcorn and some sodas then some one shot and killed him. My son was a good boy.

Even good Moms can be wrong about their children. Too bad.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    "Kroger failed to supervise its employees and enforce its safety policies including Kroger's policy that no employees shall carry a firearm while on duty."

So, your cause of action is based on Kroger Inc. failing to maintain a safe work environment for your son and the fact that a Kroger employee did not follow corporate's directives? Hmmm, I see a flaw in your logic.

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    I've often said that I'm not allowed to carry when on duty as a pharmacist for this very reason - my death benefits are much cheaper than a lawsuit against me exercising my right to self-defense.

You don't let that stop you from protecting yourself, do you?

On another note, doesn't Indiana law prohibit lawsuits against self-defense scenarios? Or is the fact that a corporation is involved change that?

I believe that law only protects individuals from lawsuits, or surely the manager would be a defendant as well.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    He was in the process of turning his life around. He aspired to be a music producer. Or something like that. Yeah.

Top Bottom