• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Anyone else seeing an influx of Robins the last few days/weeks? I've noticed they've been reappearing earlier than they used to, but I thought it was around February, maybe late January the last few years. I've been outside more than normal the last several days, and they are everywhere. Seemed odd to me.

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    on a real cold day two weeks ago we had hundreds in the trees around the house about midday. they were all eating shriveled, dried grapes from native grapevine. and within hours they were gone.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Last week when the geminid meteor shower was going on, I was outside around 10 pm, and out of the corner of my eye I saw something flying down and landing about 25 feet from me. At first I figured it was probably just a leaf or something, but I could tell something was sitting there, so I shined the flashlight at it, and it was a Robin! I walked towards it and it flew off.
    Very odd.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Yep, have seen several robins in the area in the last few days.

So if there is food, they stay? And if they stay could it mean that winter will only be a couple of days, and if there is only a couple of days of winter is that going to make all those climate haters scream about "climate change" even louder even though the climate on this great planet is continuously in flux?

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    I saw an article within the last couple days that said we are setting up for an arctic type winter pattern in the next few weeks. Either those birdies are making a bad choice, or those weather people are wrong. I'd bet the latter.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I saw an article within the last couple days that said we are setting up for an arctic type winter pattern in the next few weeks. Either those birdies are making a bad choice, or those weather people are wrong. I'd bet the latter.
    You are not making me happy.

Top Bottom