• ...and so much more!
  • indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    I bookmarked this back when posted and promptly forgot about it. It was one of those "I'll get to that someday" things. I was depriming some brass last night and dropped quite a few to the floor. I remembered this, looked it up today, and put the piece of plastic in place.

I just went out and deprimed 300 pieces and didn't lose a single one.

Great tip.

Nice! Glad it works for you!

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Great Idea..

Good thinking on the trim to the soda bottle. I have used cut down soft drink straws for years. Most straws make three tubes to place in ram slot. Bill.

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I had the same problem with my Lee breah lock kit. There is a funnel on the left hand side of the press for the primers to fall into a tube. I found that you must put in the priming arm so they fall as they are supposed to.
    Have you tried the trick in the OP? I find on my Lee the priming arm falls out of the ram around one cycle in 50, causing me to lose the spent primer and have to chase the ram under the loading bench. I missed this the first time around so I'll have to give it a try.

At least the Lee spent primer tube is easy to empty, not a PITA like these posts are making the RCBS tray sound.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Have you tried the trick in the OP? I find on my Lee the priming arm falls out of the ram around one cycle in 50, causing me to lose the spent primer and have to chase the ram under the loading bench. I missed this the first time around so I'll have to give it a try.

At least the Lee spent primer tube is easy to empty, not a PITA like these posts are making the RCBS tray sound.

I have sized probably 200 cases and the priming arm has never fallen out of the groove in the ram.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Have a Lyman T-Mag and going to try that or something similar. Thanks that looks like a good trick.

Top Bottom