• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fordmadman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    New Castle
    I e-mailed Ivan at armscor about sending my Rock Island back to him because when it feeds ammo it will push the bullet into the casing and the gun has some rough spots on the frame and the slide and was wanting to get that fixed to but what im trying to ask is if anyone has ever sent theres back to armscor and did they charge you anything. I've read on the net that they have lifetime warranty but didn't know if certain things you would have to pay for. I was also wanting to know whats the best and cheapest way to send it back to them. :ar15:

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I like shipping thur FEDEX, never had any issues, USPS is cheaper, but to have to be an FFL dealer & you don't get any good service from the government, UPS sucks, i've had mutiple problems with them, including a gun theft, got the gun back, after they threaten the driver with jail time.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    I like shipping thur FEDEX, never had any issues, USPS is cheaper, but to have to be an FFL dealer & you don't get any good service from the government, UPS sucks, i've had mutiple problems with them, including a gun theft, got the gun back, after they threaten the driver with jail time.

I have to say I have directly the opposite experience fedex gave me a headache over shipping my rifle, they quoted weight well over what it was and shipping was just a nightmare in general. UPS however didnt so much as even give me a second look when declaring a firearm.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    what im trying to ask is if anyone has ever sent theres back to armscor and did they charge you anything.

I did.
    I contacted him about this. They re-chambered my barrel and charged nothing. Although I paid shipping out there, they shipped it back on their dime.
    They said if I wasn't happy with it, they'd give me a spankin' new barrel. I was happy with it. :)

windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    I e-mailed Ivan at armscor about sending my Rock Island back to him because when it feeds ammo it will push the bullet into the casing and the gun has some rough spots on the frame and the slide and was wanting to get that fixed to but what im trying to ask is if anyone has ever sent theres back to armscor and did they charge you anything. I've read on the net that they have lifetime warranty but didn't know if certain things you would have to pay for. I was also wanting to know whats the best and cheapest way to send it back to them. :ar15:

Have you tried a different magazine? My 9mm factory mag is loose in the magwell, and it does not hold bullets up quite as high as my metalform mags. Hollowpoints nosedive with this mag, and I had a Federal FMJ get set back before the gun was broken in.

Bushcookie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    Eaton IN.
    I am anxious to learn what you find out. I have a RIA .45 compact that will not feed hollow point ammo. I have fired 150 rounds or more so I would think it to be broken in. Even a 7 round magazine loaded full will sometimes fail to engage. I have thought about sending mine back to have it reworked. Let us know how it turns out for you, good luck!

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I am anxious to learn what you find out. I have a RIA .45 compact that will not feed hollow point ammo. I have fired 150 rounds or more so I would think it to be broken in. Even a 7 round magazine loaded full will sometimes fail to engage. I have thought about sending mine back to have it reworked. Let us know how it turns out for you, good luck!

A lot of compacts seem to have less tolerance for hollow points. Many times, polishing the feed ramp is all it takes to fix that.
    If you don't know what you're doing, let a smith do it. It's real easy to take off too much material, and you can't put any back...

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    I had a RIA a while back with the same problem feeding hollow-points. Talked to Ivan at Armscorp. He stated the pistol was designed to feed round nose, FMJ. I believe there is a disclaimer somewhere in the paperwork regarding this. I had the feedramp polished and this solved some of the problems but it would still not, reliably, feed personal defense ammo with a wide hollow. Worked flawlessly with other ammo.

Mine did the same thing the OP stated - jammed the nose of the round into the feed ramp. A real problem with this - it can effect the OAL of the round by jamming the bullet into the case to deeply. Be careful of your ammo if this has happened. KABOOM!

Top Bottom