• churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If I spend a little more Its going to be a Kimber

OOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo...........not what I would do with my money. Not a new one anyway.
    Your money so do as you see fit. I have had 4 in the last 2 years and none of them impressed. Very handsome pieces but not up to the price point. All were sold/traded.
    Why would every one mention Ruger/Springer and Colt when asked about how they see it. There are good reasons for this.
    I currently own 11 1911's and there is not a Kimber (and never will be again) in the lot.

As mentioned.....your money. Your choice.

Jim1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2016
    Danville
    If you enjoy cussing a lot and your buddies making fun of your pretty POS... Buy a Kimber... I have had two friends buy one and both had nothing but trouble... not worth the $

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

I've owned 2 Kimbers and still have one of them. Both have been perfect in function. Both cost more than they should have though, given the features of the pistol. Kimbers can be nice guns, but you get less for your 1911 dollar when you go Kimber than with other guns. For the money charged, you should not have a plastic MSH, rubber grips and a finish that wears like it was made out of melted crayons. For a similar price point, Sig delivers a 1911 with night sights, front strap checkering, G10 grips and a Ceracote finish.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    Just make sure it has Clackamas on the side.
    As others have said,
    Don't buy a new one... check
    They are pretty but they cost more than they are worth... check
    Plastic Main Spring Housings are of the Devil... check
    I have a Kimber, but it is older (not Clackamas) and it is one of my carry guns.

That being said, and just to shake things up a bit.
    I have recently become a fan of Remington 1911's.
    Remington 96364 1911 R1 Enhanced 9mm 5" 9+1 Dark Laminate Gr $695.00 SHIPS FREE
    or
    Remington 96324 R1 Stainless 7+1 45ACP 5" $739.00 SHIPS FREE
    and these are both under $800, the black one is barely over $700

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As others have said,
    I have a Kimber, but it is older (not Clackamas) and it is one of my carry guns.

or

Having owned 2 enhanced Remington pieces I have to agree they are nice guns. Good out of the box triggers and fit up very well. Accurate.
    They found new homes in trades with friends. They are serving them very well.

Agree on the older Kimbers.........Not the new junk.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    OOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo...........not what I would do with my money. Not a new one anyway.
    Your money so do as you see fit. I have had 4 in the last 2 years and none of them impressed. Very handsome pieces but not up to the price point. All were sold/traded.
    Why would every one mention Ruger/Springer and Colt when asked about how they see it. There are good reasons for this.
    I currently own 11 1911's and there is not a Kimber (and never will be again) in the lot.

As mentioned.....your money. Your choice.

+1 on this.

saintnick81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Bedford
    or

If you keep an eye out you can get a really good deal on the Remingtons. Not that long ago You could get them for i think $499 at rural king after discount and mail in rebate. They were not the enhanced but I would think they would make pretty good project guns. Keep in mind I know next to nothing about 1911s, impatiently waiting for my first to arrive at my lgs.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    As others have said,

or

I have a Remington R-1S and it's become one of my favorite shooters. If I'm going to shoot a 1911 for fun, it's most likely going to be the Remington that gets taken along. Running a close second would be my CZ 1911. My collection runs from an RIA up to an Ed Brown but it's the Remington that has earned its spot as my favorite shooter.

As saintnick says above, keep your eyes open for a deal on them. The blued R1 can be found under $500 from time to time and may even have a rebate on top of that.

Jim1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2016
    Danville
    Totally agree... +1 Rem... I have never owned a cz 1911 (Dan Wesson) but definitely on my radar... shot a few and are very impressive...

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Totally agree... +1 Rem... I have never owned a cz 1911 (Dan Wesson) but definitely on my radar... shot a few and are very impressive...

Dan Wesson is kept separate from CZ. However CZ did briefly make a GI style 1911 that 88E is referring too, that particular gun was discontinued however. If I had to spend $800 on a 1911 it would honestly be a toss up between the Range Officer and the new Colt Competition Pistol they are both superb and great shooters. Now if we get up into the $1000+ range that is where the fun stuff really starts, with Dan Wesson being my all around favorite offering a top shelf gun for a very reasonable price giving Ed Brown and Baer runs for their money I think. Wilson is still the overall best is money does not matter however.

tk71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    ECI
    I have a ria tactical 9mm it was only 50 more than gi model it came with better sights extended beavertail skeletonized hammer and trigger imo well worth 50 upgrade . I have about 3000 rounds through mine and the only thing I did was upgrade the extractor I had some failure to extract issues early on.I have not had any failures since changing extractors.I am not crazy about parkerized finish guns if I got another 1911 it would be stainless blued or dura-coated.I use mine as a range gun and it works great for that.

RW97

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2016
    Muncie
    I had a RIA 1911 in 10mm, loved it just wasn't overly impressed with it. Was sweet because it was a 10mm and not the price of a delta elite! Ended up trading it for a springfield GI model, sweet shooting gun and 10mm is a little hard to find and expensive!

Top Bottom