• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    This is my third Rock Island gun, and the first one to give me any trouble. I called Armscor in Nevada and described the problem, Fed Ex picked the gun up the next day and UPS dropped it back off just over two weeks later. Pretty impressive customer service in my opinion. Since getting the gun back I have put about 400 rounds through it and it's behaving very well. If you are not familiar with the 22TCM, it shoots a 40gr bullet out of a cut down .223 case at between 2000 and 2100fps. The gun also comes with a 9mm barrel, like getting two guns in one. The first thing you notice when shooting it is how easy it is to rack the slide, and the second is how light the recoil is, immediately followed by a bang and a flash that are as radical as the rack and recoil are tame. Armscor says the muzzle energy is similar to a .45acp and from the reaction of the steel targets I wouldn't doubt it. For anyone who has trouble racking the slide on a semiauto or is recoil sensitive, this might be a viable option. It comes with adjustable sights as the POI will be different when changing barrels, and comes with a sleletonized hammer and beavertail grip safety. Accuracy is very good, I had to tweak the sights a little to zero the windage but after that hitting clay pigeons at 25 yards was no trouble. The only negative is the cheap looking plastic grips, although VZ aparantly makes a set for this gun that I will probably get.

IMG_1020.jpg

David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    Nice! I love photos of the gun with a ring of fire around the barrel.

Where do you get ammo (besides Armscor)?

What I have I got from Cheaper Than Dirt, but you can also get it from :::Fred Craig's ATOMITRONX::: or Armscor.

Just after dark tonight I handed it to my teenaged son and asked him if he wanted to try out my new 22......the first pull of the trigger put a grin on his face that was just priceless :)

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I would really like to shoot one of these.. I've said I wasn't going to get into another caliber but this tempts me to make an exception. What kind of issues were you having with it?
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    I would really like to shoot one of these.. I've said I wasn't going to get into another caliber but this tempts me to make an exception. What kind of issues were you having with it?
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

The empty cases were getting stuck in the chamber.

I had the same thoughts about another caliber, but figured that if the TCM cartridge didn't catch on i'd still have a 9mm 1911. I am going to get a set of reloading dies and I have about 1500 rounds of ammo so as long as I keep the brass I should be good for a while. If worse came to worse, you could make your own cases, they are just cut and necked down .223s.

David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    I'd like to get one just for the 9mm double stack. Id probably toss the 22 barrel. Where'd you get it?

I got mine from someone on Gunbroker, but you can get them from Centerfire systems or Sarco, and maybe elsewhere too.

You ought to try the TCM barrel before you pitch it though, definately worth the cost of a box of ammo and i'll bet if you try it you'll keep it. Fred Craig at Atomitronix sells the ammo pretty reasonably, or Armscor sells it as well. I bought some from Cheaper Than Dirt for slightly more than Craig charges.

Plisken

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Under the radar
    I just saw an add in a gun magazine about this caliber. It is interesting none the least. At first I thought it was a necked down 9mm but further reading enlightened me. That its a cut down 223. Damn I might have to make more room in the safe.

Top Bottom