• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ilcaveman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    elizabeth
    I was not going to buy a roll sizer until my latest gun purchase, I bought a Beretta 92 fs. My first round in my new gun had a slight bulge in it a jammed up the gun with my reloads. I run all my reloads thru a EGW case checker and all passed, so I tapped the slide only to jam the round even more. I then had a heck of a time getting the live round out. I then checked an ammo can full of 9mm with my Dillon case gauge to find about 300 rounds that wouldn't pass the Dillon case gauge. The 300 pieces had slight bulges as well. I then decided to buy the rollsizer after hours of research. I tried Lee and Dillon dies and still would get bulges on non supported chamber cases.
    I bought the dc model based on my shooting, along with the 9mm and 45 acp conversions. This is what I learned after 2 five gallon buckets of 9mm and 2 buckets of 45 acp.
    You will have to run the machine empty for 2 to 8 hours for break in.
    It will put out 1800 rounds a hour without any stops with a Dillon case feeder on low speed, it keeps up.
    It comes with everything you will need.
    The 45 acp will do 308 as well, I tried it and it works fine. I didn't see a need for that.
    The supplied aluminum hose fitting for the case feeder was a little thick and would catch the limit switch and not feed cases. Easy fix, took it to the belt sander and took off about .035
    The roll sizer would get stopped by a number of things, heavy bulged cases and wrong caliber cases.
    It will require you to sit and watch it run, like watching paint dry. It will get stopped as soon as you turn your back. I found 40 cal, 380, 357 sig, 45 acp and 22lr cases while watchig it run. Range pick up. Great sorting tool ,also found a few split cases.
    The 45 acp runs a lot smoother than the 9mm, not really needed for 45 acp but I had the machine already.
    I reloaded an ammo can full of 9mm and not one case failed the Dillon case gauge and function without any issues.
    The rolled cases size easier in my Dillon 650 with Dillon dies, you still have to size the cases.
    I ran about 30,000 cases thru it without any machine related issues, just wrong cases and badly bulged cases.
    I wont reload without roll sizing first, great machine and would buy again. I would get the larger unit if your doing it for commercial use.
    I clean my cases first with corncob and polish, plinking rounds. The rolling action of the machine breaks up some of the burnt powder left in the case and ends up in the bottom of the bucket, bonus.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I was not going to buy a roll sizer until my latest gun purchase, I bought a Beretta 92 fs. My first round in my new gun had a slight bulge in it a jammed up the gun with my reloads. I run all my reloads thru a EGW case checker and all passed, so I tapped the slide only to jam the round even more. I then had a heck of a time getting the live round out. I then checked an ammo can full of 9mm with my Dillon case gauge to find about 300 rounds that wouldn't pass the Dillon case gauge. The 300 pieces had slight bulges as well. I then decided to buy the rollsizer after hours of research. I tried Lee and Dillon dies and still would get bulges on non supported chamber cases.
    I bought the dc model based on my shooting, along with the 9mm and 45 acp conversions. This is what I learned after 2 five gallon buckets of 9mm and 2 buckets of 45 acp.
    You will have to run the machine empty for 2 to 8 hours for break in.
    It will put out 1800 rounds a hour without any stops with a Dillon case feeder on low speed, it keeps up.
    It comes with everything you will need.
    The 45 acp will do 308 as well, I tried it and it works fine. I didn't see a need for that.
    The supplied aluminum hose fitting for the case feeder was a little thick and would catch the limit switch and not feed cases. Easy fix, took it to the belt sander and took off about .035
    The roll sizer would get stopped by a number of things, heavy bulged cases and wrong caliber cases.
    It will require you to sit and watch it run, like watching paint dry. It will get stopped as soon as you turn your back. I found 40 cal, 380, 357 sig, 45 acp and 22lr cases while watchig it run. Range pick up. Great sorting tool ,also found a few split cases.
    The 45 acp runs a lot smoother than the 9mm, not really needed for 45 acp but I had the machine already.
    I reloaded an ammo can full of 9mm and not one case failed the Dillon case gauge and function without any issues.
    The rolled cases size easier in my Dillon 650 with Dillon dies, you still have to size the cases.
    I ran about 30,000 cases thru it without any machine related issues, just wrong cases and badly bulged cases.
    I wont reload without roll sizing first, great machine and would buy again. I would get the larger unit if your doing it for commercial use.
    I clean my cases first with corncob and polish, plinking rounds. The rolling action of the machine breaks up some of the burnt powder left in the case and ends up in the bottom of the bucket, bonus.
    Up until a few years ago I like most reloaders had buckets and buckets of brass that needed to be processed. I finely just bought what turned it from a chore to easy peasy.
    I have the commercial model, I was going to buy the DC but no one in the US had them in stock.
    I can load up the case feeder and walk away from mine.
    They cure a bunch of feeding problems.
    I have been working with Hi Tech coatings on my cast bullets the last few weeks, it works well and its easy. I'm waiting now for my Dan Dix bullet sizer.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    Thanks for the input from both of you. I was looking at Casepro & Rollsizer, leaning toward Rollsizer for several reasons. Caliber conversion cost, cph, etc.

I have buckets & buckets of brass that I would like to rollsize before processing, being able to load it up and run it, not babysit is a HUGE plus.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Thanks for the input from both of you. I was looking at Casepro & Rollsizer, leaning toward Rollsizer for several reasons. Caliber conversion cost, cph, etc.

I have buckets & buckets of brass that I would like to rollsize before processing, being able to load it up and run it, not babysit is a HUGE plus.
    I will add, its like having a 40 cal piece of brass or a few 380's in with a thousand 9mm's in a Dillon case feeder. Like posted above, I tend to spend a bit extra time sorting now days and have less problems that years ago when I was sloppy at it.
    Cases are much easier to size after running them through the Rollsizer.

Edit, I will add I probubly used to have a 2-4% failure to seat using a 100 rd 9mm gage, after rollsizing all drop in and only get a F'ed up primer once in awhile. Money well spent.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    I will add, its like having a 40 cal piece of brass or a few 380's in with a thousand 9mm's in a Dillon case feeder. Like posted above, I tend to spend a bit extra time sorting now days and have less problems that years ago when I was sloppy at it.
    Cases are much easier to size after running them through the Rollsizer.

Edit, I will add I probubly used to have a 2-4% failure to seat using a 100 rd 9mm gage, after rollsizing all drop in and only get a F'ed up primer once in awhile. Money well spent.

I have been using sorting trays for many years. I occasionally get a smaller case in with larger ones but not vice versa. Other than on occasion getting a 38 super in with 9mm

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I have been using sorting trays for many years. I occasionally get a smaller case in with larger ones but not vice versa. Other than on occasion getting a 38 super in with 9mm
    It shows, I never would spring for the 380 tray. :nono:

I miss my Thing 2, he would stand up all the 9mm on a table and pick out the 380.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    after hand sorting for a while, (with me) the eyestrain kicks in & hard to tell the difference. Happens when sorting 45acp for LPP & SPP as well. I have had to decap & check with a gauge, when I get to that point I should probably call it a day.

Top Bottom