• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abrewer15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Elkhart, Indiana
    I just picked one of these up and wanted to get some feedback from you all. It has the milled receiver so it accepts double stack magazines. Very low round count and overall looks new. The only other AK that I have owned is a Norinco Mak 90, so what should I expect from this gun?

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    so what should I expect from this gun?

Expect to have tons of fun shooting it and even more fun not cleaning it!

I worked the action on mine a whole lot when I first got it on the suggestion of another INGO member and it managed to get a lot of the cosmoline worked out of it and it runs pretty smooth now.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    The WASR is an AKM variant and as such has a stamped receiver that has had the mag well "milled out" or opened up to accept standard AK mags. :D

To compare it to a MAK-90, assuming the Norinco has it's original trigger group, is like comparing a Chevy to a Cadillac. Both do the same job, just that one is much nicer. The Chinese AK variants had arguably the best trigger feel of any factory AK imported into the land of shall not be infringed.

Accuracy wise it is a toss up. I have a Norinco 84S-1 that can punch holes in shotgun hulls at 25 yards, and a Romanian SAR-1 that although not as amazing, does hold a tight group.

Other than that, the WASR is an ATF approved "sporting weapon" that the importer modified to allow the use of standard AK mags and remain "sporting" by not having more than 10 imported parts. Should be a nice rifle!

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    It has the milled receiver so it accepts double stack magazines.

I have never seen a WASR 10/63 with a milled receiver. Someone else commented that you may have meant a stamped receiver with the mag well dremeled out. I guess that is what you meant?

Top Bottom