• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ALB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    On Intrade Romney has a 68% chance of winning the nomination, Newt comes in second with a 13% chance.

Intrade was pretty accurate in 2004, not sure about 2008.

Interesting that Newt's rise in the polls have not been reflected on Intrade.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    If that left leaning neocon gets the nomination, I will either be sitting this election out or writing in Mickey Mouse in protest. I'm sick and f'ing tired of having a choice between "far left" and "left" in national elections.

Our system of government needs an enema.

Why can't we have a choice between "right" and "far right" for once?

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    If that left leaning neocon gets the nomination, I will either be sitting this election out or writing in Mickey Mouse in protest. I'm sick and f'ing tired of having a choice between "far left" and "left" in national elections.

Our system of government needs an enema.

Why can't we have a choice between "right" and "far right" for once?

Its been said that the media pics the republican candidate, mostly I suppose by not destroying them with constant bombardment of accusations. Mccain for example was the media darling until it was one on one with Bamo, then they go after him. I would still like to see bamo's grades and papers and thesis from college, not because I'm all that interested but because if any other opposing candidate would have held that back, he would be accused of hiding something important.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Romney is my dead LAST choice.

Really? even with Perry in the running? ok... I would actually prefer him over Perry, Santorum, Bachman, and Hunstman. Tied with Cain and Newt. Others before him. I can't imagine Romney would be worse than those 4 they are all borderline nuts or just plain morons.

And seriously? sitting it out Full auto? How can it get anyworse than a second term of Obama? Please. If nothing else we have to get rid of him before he can do any more damage.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    The news media wants Romney because he is a democrat in republican clothing. obama-care is based of Romney-care in Massachusetts. Like all good democrats, Romney supports anti-second amendment legislation ("assault" weapons bans).

There has got to be a good true republican out there!!!!

ALB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    . Why can't we have a choice between "right" and "far right" for once?

Because the media smears any true conservative, and too many stupid people still believe everything they hear on the nightly news or read in the local paper.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Romney would get skewered against Obama.

A candidate like him alienates just about every Republican voting block... fiscal conservatives, gun owners, civil libertarians, capitalists, anti-Establishment voters, non-interventionists, anti-bailout voters, constitutionalists, honest people, etc.

He's got very little to offer Independents and nothing to offer Libertarians. He certainly isn't going to siphon off Obama's supporters. And he's going to drive more than a few of his own party members away to other candidates, or to just stay home and not vote. He's phony, plastic, and uninspiring.

But that's what the TV told us is "electable." Good luck with that.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    And seriously? sitting it out Full auto? How can it get anyworse than a second term of Obama? Please. If nothing else we have to get rid of him before he can do any more damage.
    Yes, seriously.

I'm tired of playing a zero sum game. Had McCain gotten elected we would still be:

1) At war in Iraq (at least Obama plans to end it)
    2) At war in Afghanistan
    3) Likely at war with Iran
    4) Still have a Patriot Act
    5) Still be going broke
    6) Still have a Mexico/border problem
    7) Still would have had bail outs
    8) etc.

McCain would have been no worse and no better than Obama. The only thing we would have gained through a McCain Presidency would be another tick mark for the Republicans... as if keeping score on who wins elections means squat in the grand scheme of things.

Romney would be a continuation of the Obama administration much like Obama has been a continuation of the Bush administration (on many issues, not all).

I'm tired of it.

No, I'm sick of it.

You're being played and you can't break out of the rut. I've been played. I was played on the last election because I swore to sit it out, but at the last minute I went and cast my vote for McCain as a vote against Obama. I've felt filthy since and I'm not doing it again.

Last edited:

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN

A candidate like him alienates just about every Republican voting block... fiscal conservatives, gun owners, civil libertarians, capitalists, anti-Establishment voters, non-interventionists, anti-bailout voters, constitutionalists, honest people, etc.

He's got very little to offer Independents and nothing to offer Libertarians. He certainly isn't going to siphon off Obama's supporters. And he's going to drive more than a few of his own party members away to other candidates, or to just stay home and not vote. He's phony, plastic, and uninspiring.

If you follow national polls, Romney is actually the most competitive vs Obama.

RealClearPolitics - President Obama vs. Republican Candidates

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana

Does he alienate them or do they find him acceptable on some level? I mean, given the choices that we have now.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Yes, seriously.

I'm tired of playing a zero sum game. Had McCain gotten elected we would still be:

2) At war in Afghanistan
    5) Still be going broke
    8) etc.

McCain would have been no worse and no better than Obama. The only thing we would have gained through a McCain Presidency would be another tick mark for the Republicans... as if keeping score on who wins elections means squat in the grand scheme of things.

Romney would be a continuation of the Obama administration much like Obama has been a continuation of the Bush administration (on many issues, not all).

I'm tired of it.

No, I'm sick of it.

You're being played and you can't break out of the rut. I've been played. I was played on the last election because I swore to sit it out, but at the last minute I went and cast my vote for McCain as a vote against Obama. I've felt filthy since and I'm not doing it again.

Well there is this one guy named Ron P.....

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Does he alienate them or do they find him acceptable on some level? I mean, given the choices that we have now.
    I guess time will tell. I haven't seen a warm reception for him around here, which is a cross-section of his supposed base. This should be friendly ground for Romney, and I hardly have seen a positive word about him.

On the other hand, I have seen quite a few members say that they'll never support anti-gun politicians, with their dollars or with their votes. I've seen members say that they will never vote for more bailouts. I've seen Republicans say that Romney will be the last straw for them, and they will leave the party. That's not a recipe for victory against a strong, inspiring, war-time president.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Well there is this one guy named Ron P.....

2) At war in Afghanistan
    5) Still be going broke
    8) etc.

And if Ron P. had been elected back in '08, other than #7 maybe, and #3 EVERYTHING would remain the same.

I know all of you RP supporters don't want to keep reading/hearing that but reality is reality. No one in Washington D.C. would want to work with him let alone a majority. For right or wrong (wrongly IMO) he has been labeled by the MSM as a loon. Elected officials would not go along with him since the empty headed voters would crucify them because of the constant drumbeat about RP in the MSM. I can hear the MSM now, RP would starve grandma and grandpa, tax breaks for the rich, destroy the environment, blah, blah, blah.....

It is too late to expect one man to effect change in anything. As I have said, IF he was to win the Presidency, AND a majority in both houses of Congress of like minded people THEN we could expect a change in the direction we are headed. The election of RP alone will change nothing.

Obama and his Marxist puppet masters have to go, FIRST priority.

:twocents:

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    A lot of the Republican brand of sheep will vote for Romney just because he looks presidential and probably is not a closet weirdo. The fact that he is .75 liberal won't even enter into it.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    A lot of the Republican brand of sheep will vote for Romney just because he looks presidential and probably is not a closet weirdo. The fact that he is .75 liberal won't even enter into it.

A lot will vote Romney because he'll be seen as the most likely R to win. How else did we end up with McCain in 08?

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Yes, seriously.

2) At war in Afghanistan
    5) Still be going broke
    8) etc.

I'm tired of it.

No, I'm sick of it.

Would McCain have nominated Sotomayor and Kagen to SCOTUS?

Top Bottom