• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    No I would not support the legalization of pot without personal responsibility.

Great, we're on the same page then. Maybe you can convince the leaders of the Libertarian party to start advocating personal responsibility before legalization and I might actually start voting for them.

But your question is a trap. Neither major political party is going to end welfare for the irresponsible.

LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F4qzPbcFiA

Now please show me the legislation that the repub party has introduced to end welfare for the irresponsible.

Not disagreeing with you there, both parties are part of the problem. However, the point I'm making is that Libertarians are no better. They aren't pushing for personal responsibility either, only more "freedom" which will add to the social burden, so they're actually worse than Republicans.

Conservatives love to talk about ending welfare but they sure haven't done a damn thing about it.

They passed welfare reform in 1996 which included work requirements. Not perfect but at least it was something. Obama recently gutted it however.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    I would... if you do the same for anyone who needs any type of medicine for any reason...

NO MORE BAMACARE!!!

Also, if you do the same for anyone who purchases alcohol, coffee, cigarettes or any other item contains a stimulant of any kind.

Sound fair?

I'm all for making everyone 100% responsible for their own fate.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Great, we're on the same page then. Maybe you can convince the leaders of the Libertarian party to start advocating personal responsibility before legalization and I might actually start voting for them.

LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F4qzPbcFiA

Not disagreeing with you there, both parties are part of the problem. However, the point I'm making is that Libertarians are no better. They aren't pushing for personal responsibility either, only more "freedom" which will add to the social burden, so they're actually worse than Republicans.

They passed welfare reform in 1996 which included work requirements. Not perfect but at least it was something. Obama recently gutted it however.

So you don't vote repub either?

ride22

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Most of the time I don't vote at all because there isn't anyone who I think represents my values.

I did this time though, but it was more of an anti-Obama vote than anything else.

Find someone who does stand for what you believe and vote for them. I don't know why some many people didn't vote for someone, anyone at all, just because the popular guy wasn't their choice. Everyone kept saying Ron Paul didn't have a chance so they were just going to vote for Romney. Well guess what, if everyone that said that actually voted for Ron Paul then he would have had a chance.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Find someone who does stand for what you believe and vote for them. I don't know why some many people didn't vote for someone, anyone at all, just because the popular guy wasn't their choice. Everyone kept saying Ron Paul didn't have a chance so they were just going to vote for Romney. Well guess what, if everyone that said that actually voted for Ron Paul then he would have had a chance.

Ding ding ding!

That's what I decided I will do. I didn't do it for my first presidential election, but I did for my second and will do so henceforth and encourage others to do likewise. (Yes, I'm that young: just 2 elections.) That is the only way we can even hope to start getting the change in the political world that this country needs.

For those reading the thread who try to vote against a candidate if even abstain altogether, take note! Our country needs you to make the effort to cast your vote for the right candidate! Always FOR the right one. Always for the RIGHT ONE. Never against a wrong one, since that prevents the right ones from gaining the momentum necessary; we are the momentum!

Top Bottom