• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    A bunch of folks went in to a Ron Paul event, asking to be heard, chanting their message about the criminals on Wall Street. Ron politely lets them finish. And then, being the statesman he is, he rallies their support.

"The people on Wall Street got the bailouts and you guys got stuck with the bills, and I think that's where the problem is!" -Ron Paul
    The "Occupy" movement does have some legitimate gripes. They encompass a huge group of disenfranchised people, with a broad spectrum of beliefs. But they ALL have the common trait of being pissed off about Wall Street bailouts. Maybe they'd even vote against Obama if the Republicans give them a candidate who did NOT support Wall Street bailouts.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cJCqw8XVw0[/ame]

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Does it matter that they're pissed they didn't get the money instead? They'd be just as happy to have that money redistributed to a single payer health care system, greater entitlement benefits, and/or free college tuition for every Tom, Dick, and Harry.

The "legitimacy" in their protest is only skin deep.

And Paul seems to be the consummate politician after all.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Being pissed off about bailouts is a legitimate issue. Unfortunately, most of the Occupiers are only pissed off cause someone ELSE got free money instead of them.

Ask them if Obama is doing a good job. I bet the overwhelming majority say he is despite the fact that he keeps passing out free money to his supporters and bailing out failed business.

Fact: Our country is busted.
    Fact: There are people occupying various cities protesting.
    Not a fact: the occupiers would fix the country if they got their way.

Thing is just because those two things are true doesn't mean the occupiers want real, necessary change that will fix things. They just want free money from the 1%. Anyone who argues tha the governement should raise taxes and create jobs has fundamentally flawed logic and is not interested in limited government as Ron Paul is.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    What, you think we should legalize prostitution? Oops, is this a thread jack? Back to the original scheduled program....
    I don't think it takes much to win over OWS loons. Just show them something shiny. My line above would be enough to garner support from 51% of them at least. I am not convinced many of them will even vote. Camping, smoking pot and crapping in the streets is fun. Voting is boring.

On the other hand, you offer a possible real world solution!

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I don't think it takes much to win over OWS loons. Just show them something shiny. My line above would be enough to garner support from 51% of them at least. I am not convinced many of them will even vote. Camping, smoking pot and crapping in the streets is fun. Voting is boring.

On the other hand, you offer a possible real world solution!

Thanks, I'm practical that way. So, what you really meant was buy the votes of the weak minded! I love it! Frankly, I'm suprised it hasn't been tried before!

Here is how I imagine it;
    Zoub: "You will vote for Ron Paul." waves hand in encompassing jedi fashion
    OWS Zombie: "I will vote for Ron Paul."
    Zoub: "Good, here is your $5 go buy a starbucks and get back out there and protest baby!"

I think it can work! :rockwoot:Ron Paul has a chance now! And I have obviously had more than enough caffiene this early ini the morning! :rockwoot:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Thanks, I'm practical that way. So, what you really meant was buy the votes of the weak minded! I love it! Frankly, I'm suprised it hasn't been tried before!

Here is how I imagine it;
    Zoub: "You will vote for Ron Paul." waves hand in encompassing jedi fashion
    OWS Zombie: "I will vote for Ron Paul."
    Zoub: "Good, here is your $5 go buy a starbucks and get back out there and protest baby!"

I think it can work! :rockwoot:Ron Paul has a chance now! And I have obviously had more than enough caffiene this early ini the morning! :rockwoot:
    It worked for Julia Carson (the $5)!

Plus I would use the 51% to overpower and kill the 49%, thus increasing in magnitude the affect of the 51% when they vote. $10 extra dollars for every pair of ears.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Does it matter that they're pissed they didn't get the money instead? They'd be just as happy to have that money redistributed to a single payer health care system, greater entitlement benefits, and/or free college tuition for every Tom, Dick, and Harry.

The "legitimacy" in their protest is only skin deep.

And Paul seems to be the consummate politician after all.
    Spot on with this assessment. I wonder how the same entitlement crowd would react to his response if they pressured him with their issues on the other end of the spectrum like you have suggested such as: single payer health care, entitlement benefits, free college tuition and so on.

Top Bottom