• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • octalman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Its clear you have never actually listened to Ron Paul speak.
    He is one of the few statesman who actually put substance in his speech. He has warned us for 30 years what is happening and is going to happen and how to fix it. No one listened, at least not enough people did anyway.

I can go into specifics ad nauseam but I will just do one here. He has repeatedly warned us of the dangers of fiat currency and dollar hegemony. Specific dangers he pointed out are government expansion, inflation, and market bubbles. He even predicted the housing market bubble.
    He also showed us an alternative to fiat currency. Namely sticking to what the constitution spells out as legal tender. Gold and silver coin.

If you call that a platitude then everything is a platitude and platitude ceases to be a useful word.

Hey, I like the guy. He is just about 100 years too late with most of his fixes. Gold and silver as currency per the Constitution. Really? Perfect example of hearing what you wanted to hear from Dr. Paul. Not a workable solution today, or 30 years ago. The price per ounce would go sky high. So it would be OK to pay you for a months work with 1 coin? Of course, nobody would hoard coins or melt them down.

So what if he predicted the housing market bubble. Certainly not the only one sounding the alarm that was ignored.

octalman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Who made America in charge of ending world hunger, vanishing all world despots and dictators, calming the oceans, and causing everyone to be at peace? Talk about a strawman argument! It isn't the United States' job to fix every bloody problem around the world.

How about this radical statement: If the USA left everyone else alone, the world would continue to spin and life would go on. Trillions of dollars could have been spared by our country avoiding countless foreign adventures.

I'm sure the people of Western Europe would be glad to hear that you think when Hitler was invading sovereign nations daily, the US should have stayed home and just let the world spin.

Let's bury our collective heads in the sand, let the rest of the world run amuck, come up for air in about 50 years and see what's left.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Hey, I like the guy. He is just about 100 years too late with most of his fixes.

The problems were only created about 100 years ago. Are you a fatalist?

Gold and silver as currency per the Constitution. Really? Perfect example of hearing what you wanted to hear from Dr. Paul.

How is this an example of hearing what I wanted to hear? Its exactly what he has said and has been saying.

Not a workable solution today, or 30 years ago. The price per ounce would go sky high. So it would be OK to pay you for a months work with 1 coin? Of course, nobody would hoard coins or melt them down.

I believe Ron Paul wrote a book about this.... Oh wait it was several books.
    The Case for Gold: Ron Paul, Lewis Lehrman: 9781469971803: Amazon.com: Books

End the Fed: Ron Paul: Amazon.com: Books

Gold, Peace, and Prosperity Pocket Edition: Ron Paul: 9781610161961: Amazon.com: Books

Mises and Austrian Economics: A Personal View: Ron Paul: Amazon.com: Books

So what if he predicted the housing market bubble. Certainly not the only one sounding the alarm that was ignored.

And your point is?

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    I'm sure the people of Western Europe would be glad to hear that you think when Hitler was invading sovereign nations daily, the US should have stayed home and just let the world spin.

Let's bury our collective heads in the sand, let the rest of the world run amuck, come up for air in about 50 years and see what's left.

This is like saying that since I dont agree with welfare that I dont care about poor people.

octalman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    This is like saying that since I dont agree with welfare that I dont care about poor people.

So caring sooooooo much is the solution???

Poor people and the countries of Western Europe invaded by Hitler are the same to you.

octalman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    The problems were only created about 100 years ago. Are you a fatalist?

Yes. Teddy Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson were the first to seriously trample on the Constitution.

How is this an example of hearing what I wanted to hear? Its exactly what he has said and has been saying.

What you wanted to hear with regard to that being a workable solution. Agreed, Dr. Paul is consistent with his messages.

I believe Ron Paul wrote a book about this.... Oh wait it was several books.
    The Case for Gold: Ron Paul, Lewis Lehrman: 9781469971803: Amazon.com: Books

"Preserving the ability to choose which currencies to accept, with whom to trade and on what terms, is a hallmark of a free society."

Multiple currencies with uncertainty as to who will accept the form of payment you offer. Yeah, that is a free society alright - free to descend into anarchy? The US and World have already been in that mess. Coin of the Realm ring a bell. Each Kingdom created it's own coin, frequently only good in that Kingdom. Was that a free society? No. It was the Noblemen owning everything, including the peasants that labored while the elite played.

In recent history, like it or not, the good ol US Dollar became the accepted standard of exchange to fix the chaos.

End the Fed: Ron Paul: Amazon.com: Books

Gold, Peace, and Prosperity Pocket Edition: Ron Paul: 9781610161961: Amazon.com: Books

Mises and Austrian Economics: A Personal View: Ron Paul: Amazon.com: Books

And your point is?

Dr. Paul is not alone is pointing out problems and he does not have exclusive claim to alarm sounding.

Top Bottom