• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I think the good Dr. should consider owning his own opinions and not claiming the mantle of Christ....who never had a negative thing to say about military service nor expressed any opinion about a nation's use of the military.

darrent

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Muncie, Indiana
    It's a bull**** comment. I agreed with Dr. Paul when it comes to finances, but he is way off base here. Don't use a tragic event for political points. Who else believe that you should not let a tragedy go to waste?

Madskilz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    To speak about Chris Kyle a true American war hero with such indifference and disrespect shows how out of touch that old fart really is. RIP Chris Kyle and prayers sent to family and friends.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    So is it ok for people to come out just days after RP dies and say good riddance? Or would the RP supporters call that insensitive to his family. "He was a congressman have some respect", they will say. Think about the shoe on the other foot before you put it in your mouth RP.

No one said it is ok and no one said "good riddance" either. "He who lives by the sword dies by the sword" isn't even an insult.

What happened to both of those gentleman is very said and was very unnecessary.

However... they took someone who was MENTALLY UNSTABLE to a shooting range. HELLO!!!

All of us have been *****ing that the libs should be focusing on mental health instead of gun rights... and yet... they took someone who was known to be mentally unhealthy and put a firearm in his hand and that firearm would ultimately be their undoing and therefore, while Dr. Paul's comment is insensitive, it is also sadly accurate.

Many of us here marvel at Ron Paul (and rightfully so).... I understand that some of you guys have been waiting for Paul to slip up so you can attack him... but you are trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

No one is perfect and there are plenty more things to ridicule Ron Paul for other than a unthoughtful tweet.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    The above comment doesn't reflect negatively on the troops.

I'm not following you on this thread.

No one said it is ok and no one said "good riddance" either. "He who lives by the sword dies by the sword" isn't even an insult.

What happened to both of those gentleman is very said and was very unnecessary.

However... they took someone who was MENTALLY UNSTABLE to a shooting range. HELLO!!!

All of us have been *****ing that the libs should be focusing on mental health instead of gun rights... and yet... they took someone who was known to be mentally unhealthy and put a firearm in his hand and that firearm would ultimately be their undoing and therefore, while Dr. Paul's comment is insensitive, it is also sadly accurate.

Many of us here marvel at Ron Paul (and rightfully so).... I understand that some of you guys have been waiting for Paul to slip up so you can attack him... but you are trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

No one is perfect and there are plenty more things to ridicule Ron Paul for other than a unthoughtful tweet.

Ron Paul's statement:

Chris Kyle’s death seems to confirm that "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword." Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn’t make sense

— Ron Paul (@RonPaul)

He's facebook statement:

As a veteran, I certainly recognize that this weekend’s violence and killing of Chris Kyle were a tragic and sad event. My condolences and prayers go out to Mr. Kyle’s family. Unconstitutional and unnecessary wars have endless unintended consequences. A policy of non-violence, as Christ preached, would have prevented this and similar tragedies. -REP

We all know he did not support both wars .....it is clear to most Americans he was going down the blame the vets who fought in those wars path if you don't see it then your not as smart as you think you are ......He is being called out on it and he's backtracking some but he's hardliner are clearly saying all The troops are hired mercenaries for the military industrial complex......... clearly him and alot of his supporter want to blame are good military vets .....

as for this comment : However... they took someone who was MENTALLY UNSTABLE to a shooting range. HELLO!!!

There millions of people who have some degree of PTSD and are not clearly unstable .....by that comment show how little you know there are hundred thousands or of military member who currently over sea's and here who have it and millions of americans who are not UNSTABLE .......there is no way he could have seen this coming ......sometimes bad people murder people or for things or items like a truck....

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    he's hardliner are clearly saying all The troops are hired mercenaries for the military industrial complex......... clearly him and alot of his supporter want to blame are good military vets .....

I think you are reading things that are not actually there. Just like you accused me of believing all the troops are evil. Where did that come from?

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    I think you are reading things that are not actually there. Just like you accused me of believing all the troops are evil. Where did that come from?

no am not ...as for the evil comment i would have to look back what your were talking about had something to us military as a whole in a thread ..... it tick me off i took you off my friends list .....not all people in the military are blind order following robot's some of you RP supporter try to imply .....

and as for that MENTALLY UNSTABLE comment said before you do know the people who have a agenda have medical people asking about guns....so seek any help for ptsd take away your gun rights....drink a lot smoke a lot you have a addictive problems take away your gun rights you have a opinion that goes agaist 90% of people you must be mentally unstable .... you don't need a gun that is a road people with a Agenda want you to take be afraid....... fear works to take away rights so far ...:twocents:

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    no am not ...as for the evil comment i would have to look back what your were talking about had something to us military as a whole in a thread ..... it tick me off i took you off my friends list .....not all military are blind order following robot's some of you RP supporter try to imply .....
    For the record I don't think all troops are blind robots. I never said that. Sorry if you felt offended by a misunderstanding. :cheers:

Meezer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Porter County
    as for this comment : However... they took someone who was MENTALLY UNSTABLE to a shooting range. HELLO!!!

There millions of people who have some degree of PTSD and are not clearly unstable .....by that comment show how little you know there are hundred thousands or of military member who currently over sea's and here who have it and millions of americans who are not UNSTABLE .......there is no way he could have seen this coming ......sometimes bad people murder people or for things or items like a truck....

Ron Paul was correct, they took someone who was Mentally Unstable to a shooting range:

The Iraq War veteran charged with killing a former Navy SEAL sniper and his friend on a Texas shooting range had been taken to a mental hospital twice in the past five months

Routh, a member of the Marines Corps Reserve, was first taken to a mental hospital Sept. 2 after he threatened to kill his family and himself, according to police records in Lancaster, where Routh lives. Authorities found Routh walking nearby with no shirt and no shoes, and smelling of alcohol.

Records: Veteran had been in mental hospital - Yahoo! News

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    It was insensitive and inappropriate under the current circumstances. The (patriotic) nation is reeling over the death of a genuine hero and this is what comes out of his mouth. He isn't really wrong in saying it was a dumb thing to do, just very insensitive in the context. If Kyle hadn't been murdered, but had been reported taking an unstable man to the range we would have agreed with RP.

But in typical Paul mode he ingratiates himself to people (including his own supporter -myself for example) and makes himself unelectable on a national stage. From what I heard, Rand has disavowed this comment. Hopefully Rand will have RPs ideas on small government without the tendency for eating his own footwear.

Bad Ron. Bad. Show a little human decency and let the politics lie.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    It was insensitive and inappropriate under the current circumstances. The (patriotic) nation is reeling over the death of a genuine hero and this is what comes out of his mouth. He isn't really wrong in saying it was a dumb thing to do, just very insensitive in the context. If Kyle hadn't been murdered, but had been reported taking an unstable man to the range we would have agreed with RP.

But in typical Paul mode he ingratiates himself to people (including his own supporter -myself for example) and makes himself unelectable on a national stage. From what I heard, Rand has disavowed this comment. Hopefully Rand will have RPs ideas on small government without the tendency for eating his own footwear.

Bad Ron. Bad. Show a little human decency and let the politics lie.

What he said.

R.G.Gray

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2011
    I am a combat veteran and I just lost what little respect I had for RP.
    Sad indeed!:noway:

Top Bottom