• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indianajoe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Fishers
    Ronald Reagan: February 6, 1911– June 5, 2004. Happy Birthday, sir.

reagan_ronald_photo_4_lrg.gif

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    Today is the 99th birthday of Uncle's, (my aunts husband) mom and dad. Born same year and day as Ronald. They would get b-day cards from Reagan while he was in office and they would send him one as well. They did that up until he passed. Very nice. You won't see that turd in there now doing that.

Indybeer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Danville
    Taken at Andrews AFB while I was TDY there. The presidental pilots were flying the WC135B aircraft that I was Dedicated Crew Chief on...getting inflight refuel training, in preperation for getting the 747's.

usaf 13.jpg

Last edited:

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Although I was born in 82, and was just a tyke through both of his terms I with honor am proud to say he not only is one of the greatest leaders of the country since Washington and Jefferson, he is the greatest president of my lifetime! HAPPY BIRTHDAY RR!

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Could we survive a Reagan, after an Obama? I think not. Reagan raised taxes, grew government, tripled the national debt, withdrew from the Middle East, increased government spending, saved and expanded SS (instead of allowing it to be phased out), aided Sadaam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden, supported and signed the EITC, signed the Mulford Act the disarmed Californians, supported the Brady Bill and so much more. While he might have done some good things, they're outweighed by the others. Folks need to look through clear lenses at the man, not rose coloured glasses. Happy birthday to him, regardless.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Could we survive a Reagan, after an Obama? I think not. Reagan raised taxes, grew government, tripled the national debt, withdrew from the Middle East, increased government spending, saved and expanded SS (instead of allowing it to be phased out), aided Sadaam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden, supported and signed the EITC, signed the Mulford Act the disarmed Californians, supported the Brady Bill and so much more. While he might have done some good things, they're outweighed by the others. Folks need to look through clear lenses at the man, not rose coloured glasses. Happy birthday to him, regardless.

This. He was a traitor to the 2nd Amendment. I don't want another one of those as President. Not that Dubya, Clinton Bush Sr. were any more 'friends' of the 2A.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    He was the Best! He didn't take any B.S.....He had values and and honesty.
    Something you don't see much these days.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    This. He was a traitor to the 2nd Amendment.

Um...
    "The Constitution does not say Government shall decree the right to keep and bear arms. The Constitution says `the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.`"--President Ronald Reagan

In fact, President Reagan, the owner of an AR-15, was a strong and consistent supporter of the Second Amendment and the NRA.
    Read the rest here: NRA-ILA :: Chris Cox`s Political Report--Ronald Wilson Reagan

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Um...
    "The Constitution does not say Government shall decree the right to keep and bear arms. The Constitution says `the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.`"--President Ronald Reagan

Read the rest here: NRA-ILA :: Chris Cox`s Political Report--Ronald Wilson Reagan
    Annie, as governor of California he disarmed its citizens. After leaving office he threw his support behind the Brady Bill and helped get it passed. His words don't match his deeds, regardless of what the NRA propaganda says.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    regardless of what the NRA

Honestly, that's the first quotable thing I hit on online. I don't think there are excerpts from his biographies that I could readily Google/copy/paste...but I DO remember reading in one of them (Reagan's War, I *think*) that some of the anti-2A stuff had to do with choosing the lesser of two evils and getting other things passed along with it. I'm not positive about that...I'd really have to go back and re-read it. This has peaked my interest, so I likely will do just that.
    Probably not right away, but when I do I'll try to remember to revisit this thread with whatever I found. :)

ETA:
    Also, I do remember reading that he encouraged Nancy to carry a .22 on her person, especially when he was out of town...and even throughout his presidency, he was mostly always armed with his personal carry weapon. I don't recall what it was, but I'm thinking it was a .45. Like I said, I'll re-read and post it up.

Top Bottom