• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ADT knights

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Hendricks County
    While I'm waiting for my AR to come in I want to get everything I will and might need to take care of it.
    What are your recomendations for must have tools, cleaning supplies, lubes, ect.

Thanks for the help.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I guess you can carry a punch in your bag, just in case your take-down pins are very tight.

nk1124

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Bloomington
    You are going to at least need the wrench for the castle nut if you plan on changing the base plate or buffer tube but nothing else special for easy aftermarket goodies iirc

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I like to have a set of pics for cleaning off carbon

Since I started polishing my bolt tails with 1000 grit, carbon doesn't stick anymore. At least on the bolt. I still have to scrape it out of the bolt carrier.

I like the Otis pull through system for bore and chamber cleaning. Be sure to get some chamber/lug cleaning brushes. I like the nylon ones myself and use them with a pistol rod.

As far as tools, if you are going to shoot iron sights, you will want a front sight adjusting tool.

sakima

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    New Albany, IN
    AR Kit

Sight adjusting tool(s) are nice to have. A cleaning kit of some kind is a must. Get one of the Otis kits or a Dewey coated rod with appropriate brush/jag. Don't forget the chamber brush and some pipe cleaners. I'm old school so I stick with # 9 or Shooters Choice and a good light gun oil for lube/preservation. There are tools to remove the forward handguards, but you can get by without the tool...

Top Bottom