• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    I been wanting a little snubby and picked this little Rossi M971 .357 in a trade and I am loving the gun. Action is pretty darn good. It had a broken rear sight which is a common problem with the older Rossi because they where plastic. It seemed pretty accurate even with the sight broken in half. I have since adapted a S&W sight and it is steel and works perfect but have not shot it yet. Should be sweet because it wasn't bad with half a sight. I love the feel of the grips. Usually always change grips on any gun I have had but these will stay on this one. I know I will get the usual bashing of the Taurus/Rossi and get a Smith thing. I have had,touched,seen,sold all of the above and I like this Rossi for some reason and it works awesome.

Now my Question. Do I leave it Compensated or cut it off and recrown the barrel? I know for CCW it would be better cut off. I know shooting .357 the Comp. would probably help,but I do not plan to give it a steady diet of magnums. My plan is to learn to be a better double action shooter and to learn to be a better revolver shooter also. Some of the guys at the local gun shop seemed to think cut it. I am torn 50/50. What do you guys think? Jim
    M971W.jpg

M971wo.jpg

K9stang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Southern IN
    I'm sure it handles better with the compansator, but it looks much better without it. I'm not sure how it will cc with the comp on it but doesn't look like it will get in the way. Just my $.02

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Muzzle flash with the comp will blind you in the dark. Might still blind you even without it with .357's.

I'd say try a few kinds of carry ammo in it and also try it in the "dark" - if possible - and then decide.

Top Bottom