• ACR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2024
    Goshen
    IMG_20240405_152156418.jpg
    IMG_20240405_152209813.jpg
    I neglected to take more photos, but shot my new Rossi today I was expecting kick but man it does beat your shoulder up haha
    So I did have a first for me a failure of a primer on Magtech flat nose partial copper jacket .44 mag dropped the hammer on it a bunch of times it had to be a bad primer no problem with the rest of the ammo just that one. I have had bad primers on rimfire before but not center fire.
    After that I took the Rossi apart, again sorry for not taking photos. Filed the edges of the loading gate on the receiver and the start of the ramp, and with the bolt removed I saw a fairly large machining build up metal at the end of the loading ramp before the magazine tube that I had to get a Dremel with a small grinding stone to take care of. (When I was loading ammo it was badly scratching the jacket and cases) then ground the loading gate spring from the side in a curve to lighten it up. After that polished everything up as good as I could get it cleaned it well and sprayed some ballistol for lubricant. Also shortened the magazine tube spring about 7 coils. And it is so much smoother and easier to load now.

ACR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2024
    Goshen
    Look up Nate "Kiowa" Jones at Steves Gunz. He sells a video and parts to make that rifle slick as snot.
    I do know about him and his website, I don't necessarily want a lighter trigger or hammer. What I have determined that I do need, is a lighter ejector spring and a metal follower for the magazine tube.
    I already got it smooth otherwise, I can operate it with one finger easily enough. But I think a replacement ejector spring will lighten it up more.

Top Bottom