• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I saw a Rossi revolver in .357 the other day at Bradis and I thought it may be a good truck gun.

It was only about 300 bucks, so its not gona break the bank.

Just looking for some opinions on them.

Let me know what you guys think.

:yesway: or :noway: or :xmad: or :D or whatever.

seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I had a 4 inch 357 and it was great gun for the bucks spent. Went bang every time and was pretty accurate.:yesway:

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    I'm glad to hear some positive reviews on Rossi. I was thinking it would be fun to have one in 6 or 8 inch deer legal cal. I've never hunted with a handgun but would like to try it.

tyler_durden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Westfield
    My dad bought one over 25 years ago when he was a reserve officer with the county. Never had a problem with it. Very nice looking too IMO. Its stainless with the rib vent thing on top the barrel.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    If it's new, that sounds fair. If it's used, it had better be pristine.

I just picked up a Rossi 2" subbie blued .357mag 6-shot from the classifieds here just a couple of months ago. I only gave $225 for it.

Great gun though

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    It was new at Bradis. I think the price was around $325.00 but i cant remember exactly.

Im pretty sure it was a 4"

It did have a nice grip and the action felt pretty smooth. Not the greatest trigger in the world but for what I would be getting it for that doesnt matter much. It would just be a plinker and a truck gun.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    It was new at Bradis. I think the price was around $325.00 but i cant remember exactly.

It did have a nice grip and the action felt pretty smooth. Not the greatest trigger in the world but for what I would be getting it for that doesnt matter much. It would just be a plinker and a truck gun.

I seriously doubt you'll be disappointed.

drygulchstan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    I have one no issues lifetime warrenty. Its a great plinking gun and like you said have a little cash left over to buy bullets.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette

That makes it deer legal. It may not be the best, but I've taken a half dozen or so deer with my Taurus 607 .357mag w/ 4" barrel.

Practice, practice, practice...

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    My first pistol was a Rossi .357 for which I paid the princely sum of $275. I had to lay it away! I finally walked out with the gun carefully tucked in a $15 Uncle Mike's. I still have it and love it. It had one incorrect side plate screw, and I broke the firing pin; Numrich's had plenty of both parts on hand. Despite my beautiful 1911s and Smith revolvers, I will probably be buried with that old 4" Rossi and nylon Uncle Mike's side holster.

Excellent choice, my friend.

Top Bottom