• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1401king

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Been thinking about getting my daughter a plinker and came across the current Rural King ad. They have a Heritage Rough Rider for $99...seriously? Is this a total piece of crapola? I have seen other threads in which Rough Riders were purchased for much more. Do they make various models of this and this is a junker like the homeowner drills at Lowes? Any input would be appreciated.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Interested in knowing these as well... I've seen a few come out to our range, they don't look bad, wouldn't mind having one in the range bag in case some ar-tard is trying to "teach his girlfriend how to shoot" with a Ruger SP101 and Federal 125 gr planet cracking .357 JHP loads. On a side note, I just don't want to drop the coin on a Single Six or similar .22 that I honestly wouldn't shoot that much.

As an aside: I see they have convertible ones (.22 LR and .22 Mangle-um), how are these for occasional use?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have one with the magnum cly also, they are fun to shoot yet cheap to start out with.

Me too.
    I just bought mine recently because I wanted a cheap .22magnum for plinking/varminting.

I like it a lot.

Like posted above, it's not a Colt, or a Smith,or a Ruger, but it IS serviceable, and cheap.
    I'd say go for it. I doubt you'll be disappointed for the money.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I work guns at martinsville rural king. We sold all 15 of ours in 3 days. I picked one up last month. Regular price is 109.99. I got mine on sale also. For the price it ain't a bad little shooter. Mine shot a little low at 20yds with Winchester 22, but that's fine I just compensated. I bought a bunch of Agila Colibri so I could shoot it in the house with a bullet trap. 375fps and little army men stand no chance. It also handles mice nicely as I found out earlier this week. If you want a fun little gun I'd grab one. Not ruger, uberti, colt quality but still a damn good revolver for the price.

tk71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    ECI
    I have one it is a decent gun for the price. That price is real good I think I gave 200 for mine it is 22lr/22wmr

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I bought one a few weeks ago for $117 out the door. Mine shoots just a hair high and to the left at 25 yards, but it hold a very tight group. It is a fun little gun especially for the price. They have lots of upgrades on there website. My 22 WMR cylinder should be here tomorrow.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    According to this guy, who really knows his .22s, it's a pretty decent revolver.

[video=youtube;2Kqtl2Uxklk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Kqtl2Uxklk&feature=c4-overview&list=UU5lvNBwPlYDB-9-uQoY2jIg[/video]

PMPORTER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indianapolis
    We own 3 RR in our family and for the money they can't be beat !! Great little pistol, great for kids and just plain old shooting cans !! Buy one and enjoy !!!!

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I have an older one and i LOVE it. my dad bought it several years ago off a guy but it had a few broken parts and was dry fired to the point where you couldnt load it. I got hold of heritage got the parts and reamed out the chamber mouths myself, it is one of the more accurate guns we have (and we have some very expensive super uber awesomely accurate guns) I was popin 9mm shells off at 25yds consistently, did my first card split, and was hitting 6" plates at 100yds. I say they are like mosins no ones life is complete unless they have one.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Got mine. Lady at RK said they were selling like hot cakes. My buddy stopped in to grab one over his lunch and said there were 4 people in front of him, each buying one, he bought one, and the two people behind him bought one. I got the last one. All that was left was the display gun.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      424 KB · Views: 8

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pistolpete68
    Top Bottom