• ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    :eek:

Words cannot describe the awesomeness of that video. :rockwoot:

Its crazy how the baffles completely melted but the blast chamber sleeve wasnt affected at all.

I just cant help but wonder though how someone has an RPD that they dont shooting until the handguards catch on fire. Surely it was a Dealer Sample right?

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    I wonder if they are going to get a new can just because that was awesome lol.

Yes that's square into the line of stupid that is not covered!

I do have a silly question though concerning safety, why or how the heck didn't the melting of the baffles cause a round to get lodged and ultimately a kaboom of the can or the barrel?

Was it because the rounds were going so fast and such a rate of fire that once the baffles went they were blown out with a round?

Also at what point did it stop “suppressing”? Not that I would ever try to break anything like this, I’m not made of money lol. Just wondering.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    I wonder if they are going to get a new can just because that was awesome lol.

Yes that's square into the line of stupid that is not covered!

I do have a silly question though concerning safety, why or how the heck didn't the melting of the baffles cause a round to get lodged and ultimately a kaboom of the can or the barrel?

Was it because the rounds were going so fast and such a rate of fire that once the baffles went they were blown out with a round?

Also at what point did it stop “suppressing”? Not that I would ever try to break anything like this, I’m not made of money lol. Just wondering.

Couple things. Yes, he will get a new can with new internals, same registered part. Not just because it is a totally bad-assed video (it is), but because he was committed enough to test the can that he caught his machine gun on fire. That was the whole point of the test - to show that you can literally destroy a Kestrel and we can repair it quickly. In his case we will do so for free. Anyone else who puts it on a belt-fed machine gun will have to pay, but it shouldn't be more than about $150 to fix.

I haven't seen the can yet, but my guess is that the baffles didn't melt, rather they erroded through a combination of the explosive gases, pressure, heat, and baffle strikes which were evident in the final picture. It is more likely that the lead inside the bullet liquified causing the rounds to keyhole than that the baffles melted.

Remember that even $2000 cans built for belt-feds can't necessarily handle belt-feds. Here's proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU1nynxPCZU

Top Bottom