• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Sometimes is better than always lethel. Not every deviant needs to die. I believe in fogivness, in people bettering themselves.

Imagine a 17 year old who's had a rough go of it and wandered down the wrong path. He's gotten into drugs and gangs. He finds himself inside my house trying to steal my tv - or whatever.

If I can help it Im not killing this kid.

Does anyone have experience with these?

Ive got my phone, voice, lights, and maybe a bat if i need non-lethal.
    But u can bet your A$$ that I'll have a handgun with self defense hollow points in my hand.
    If you're in my house in the middle of the night, you've already lost the benefit of the doubt

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    This thread reminds me of a conversation I overheard at the gun counter of a local sporting goods store. The customer wanted to buy a firearm but
    1. he didn't want a pistol because he didn't want to shoot through his walls.
    2. He wanted a shotgun because of the intimidation factor.
    3. He wanted to buy less than lethal ammo because he didn't want to live with the guilt if he killed someone breaking into his apartment.

The salesman told him that if he was looking for something less than lethal, he needed to buy a can of real bear spray, the ones that look like small fire extinguishers. He also gave him a card to a local firearms trainer and suggested that since the guy had never owned a gun and still was wishing to buy one, he take the guys course.

voidsherpa

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    NE
    OP is Original Poster.
    shooter means the person was either temporarily or permanently banned

Because he was thinking about buying GFZ sign?

And since OP is on a timeout. Would happen to know or be able to point me to a thread discussing how rep works? I've looked and searched for awhile now and have found no info.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Because he was thinking about buying GFZ sign?

And since OP is on a timeout. Would happen to know or be able to point me to a thread discussing how rep works? I've looked and searched for awhile now and have found no info.

I don't know why he was banned. He was pretty snarky in another thread. The mods may not have been happy.

Not much to know about rep.
    If someone likes something you say, they can click on the star at the bottom of the post. Pick an amount of "rep" they want to give you. And leave a message. Often, I just enter a "." because I like the post but don't want to get into a description. Sometimes I quote the part of the statement I like.
    There is positive rep.
    and negative rep.

Usually, if someone reps me, I leave them a visitor message, "thanks for the rep". Sometimes I may say a little more.
    Some people send Private Messages. But, because regular members are limited to 50, I don't usually do that.

The more rep you get, the dots under your name change.
    Also, at certain point, the title changes. Such as "plinker".

I don't remember what those points are.

voidsherpa

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    NE
    Thanks for the info. Didn't know if there was a max amount you could give out, how fast it replenished. Whats with the Rep Pyramid thread? Is that just a giant circle j***?

Top Bottom