• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    I have a hankering for a new (or prisine new to me) 10/22.. Probably a standard, run of the mill type.. I haven't bought a new one for years, so I'm curious what a good price for one might be.

I'll send the barrel to be accurized and probably install a couple of drop-in goodies, but for the most part I want to keep it stock.

Thanks

tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    Bought a 50th anniversary model at Rural King for a good price. Nice young women working the counter. They knew little about the product but they knew the paperwork, and that was good enough. I knew what I wanted.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Bought a 50th anniversary model at Rural King for a good price. Nice young women working the counter. They knew little about the product but they knew the paperwork, and that was good enough. I knew what I wanted.

Congrats! That is an awesome rifle. I want one myself.

You DO realize you are now obligated to go to an appleseed shoot with it, right?

CSB: I was chatting with a gentleman at the appleseed booth at the NRAAM. In the course of the converstation, this happened:

Appleseed Guy: So what kind of rifle do you have?
    Me: I have a 10/22.
    AG: Oh, you have a 10/22? Have you been to the Ruger booth yet? Go over there and take a look at the new 50th anniversary model.
    Me: Yeah! You mean the one that was designed by that "Gary from Michigan" guy?
    AG: Yep. Thats me. I'm Gary.
    Me: COOL! Pleased to meet you! Congrats. That's an awesome design!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Cameramonkey...

Absolutely the plan. These old eyes can't see so well. Is a scope ok? I may try a set of TechSights but I'm not sure.

As I recall, they prefer you to use irons, but also teach scope techniques. They understand you may be limited so they just go with the flow. What is more important is the history and the underlying marksmanship techniques. Other than sight picture, there really isnt any difference between the two.

tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    Oddly enough..Just a note on pricing. I wanted to pick up an additional magazine locally, and I remember the mags being $19.95 at Rural King when I picked up the rifle. Of course I forgot to grab one while I was there. So... Dunhams and Dicks are closer to me than RK so I stopped in at Dunham's.. $24.99.. Then Dick's....$24.99... So strictly on principal, I went out of my way to RK and picked one up.

Top Bottom