• ...and so much more!
  • dl1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    southern WI
    How 'bout an "in the wild" pic?

From this thread on M4C about the gunwriter range session Ruger held awhile back:

My New Ruger SR1911 - M4Carbine.net Forums

I am glad to see that they didn't go overboard on the warnings.

Ruger's obligatory warning, as present on the dust cover. Not overly obnoxious.

2qsawqo.jpg

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    Wonder if Ruger has any plans to release any with a blued or parkerized frame/slide? I'm not a huge fan of bling bling shiney firearms. Not that I wouldn't buy one though.:rolleyes: It's a Ruger, got to have one!:yesway:

They would be idiots not to. I have to say that im rethinking my vow to never buy another Ruger pistol........

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I own an HK and a Glock. If I buy one of these, Mall Ninjas Anonymous will hire Tupperware Mercenaries to kill me. HELP ME

brutalone

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Westside Indianapolis
    Hopefully it doesn't include too much lawyer-ese as imagined by someone else:

ruger1911_prototype.jpg

Full text, since it's really too small to read:
    Please read your manual because guns are really dangerous and we don't want anybody to get injured or killed, which you surely will if you don't read your manual. It's important to never load your firearm, fire your firearm, or even look directly at the firearm. Do not stare at your Ruger 1911. Ruger 1911s should not be handled by pregnant women, the elderly, or children. Discontinue use of your Ruger 1911 if you experience dizziness, vertigo, nausea, slurred speech, blindness, sweating, diarrhea, or heart palpitations. Please read your manual.
    LMAO.....

AverageMidwest

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fishers
    They have it listed on the Sturm Ruger web site now.....looks pretty much like any other decent quality midrange 1911, with suggested retail at $799 meaning it will go for less.

Good: barrel and bushing machined from same piece of bar stock - nice touch. No firing pin stop, a la series 70 Colt. Titanium firing pin and heavy firing pin spring.
    Bad: cast frame - oh well, at least it's not plastic.
    The usual: skeletonized hammer and trigger, beavertail grip safety, Novak lomount sites, nice checkering on mainspring housing....etc.

Looks like at least for now they're not producing multiple variants - no Commander size, no micro-concealable-whatever.

Does the world need another 1911 copy? Why not, everyone else seems to be producing one and at least it's US-manufactured, unlike RIA or Taurus or Charles Daly. Seems to be in line with Ruger's general philosophy of producing decent (if not absolute top grade) products at a moderate price point. We can't all afford Nighthawk or Les Baer or Ed Brown, and at this point I'd rather buy something out of the box that's got pretty near everything I want instead of either fooling with it myself or turning it over to a gunsmith to add the stuff I need on a 1911 (*cough*BIGGER SIGHTS*cough*). 'Course, if you have the bucks and want to buy or build the ultimate 1911.....knock yourself out and have fun! Anyway, Ruger will sell some, they'll have teething problems and they'll fix them, then sell a bunch more.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Id rather buy a rock island tactical, put some hogue grips on it, and call it a day for under $450.

Who wants to take bets on when they have their first safety recalls? The only newish pistol ruger has made that hasnt had one is the lcr, a revolver, hard to mess that up.

Top Bottom