• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rweb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    I took out my new to me ruger 22 45 today for the first time,I was trying to adjust the sights to me,in the process I moved the adjustable rear sight too far and now it will not not move.This is an adjustment in windage,the bad thing is I went in the wrong direction and now it is stuck,has anybody out there had this problem and how did you take care of it.Thanks for any help.

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    You may have to take the rear sight apart. Just completely take out the windage screw and grab the blade with a pair of needle nose pliers and pull it to the right. There is a small spring between the left side of the sight and the blade, it may just be in a bind. If you have to completely remove the blade, slide it to the right. There is a small nub on the blade that will match up with a notch on the sight body and then the sight blade will come out. It is not really complicated and reverse the process to get it back together.

rweb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Thanks for your help but one of the problems is that the windage screw will not turn,it turned over there easy,was not forced to the stop,but will not move in either direction now.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Brandonki
    Top Bottom