• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    The few (and very few) revolvers I have seen that did not require moon clips had a little extension piece built into the ejector star. They worked ok for shooting, but really did not work very good ejecting. I ended up holding the ejector out with one hand and digging the brass out with a knife. Kind of slow for tactical reloads.

On the other hand, my moonclip S&W 625 works perfect every time. If I were wanting to have a 9mm revolver made it would be moon clip all the way.
    The single actions have an ejector rod that you manually push to remove each case. No digging required.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    The cylinder would have to be fitted to the gun preferably by Ruger, or at least a very good gunsmith.
    Does that mean, if for some reason...I had to replace the cylinder on one of my Super BlackHawks, I couldn't just call Ruger and have them send me a new cylinder?

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Does that mean, if for some reason...I had to replace the cylinder on one of my Super BlackHawks, I couldn't just call Ruger and have them send me a new cylinder?

No! Each cylnder is "fitted" to each particular gun. It has to do with the revolvers timing. You can send a cylnder off to get rechambered but not the otherway around. Ruger will need the whole firearm to fit it properly.

I would recommend Ruger if you wanted to get a 2nd cylnder. they are good at what they do and stand behind their work. My experience is 1. I't's hard to find a good local revolversmith and 2. They get memory loss if their work comes down with problems...Ruger doesn't!

I have a Blackhawk convertable in 9mm with a 357 clynder. They are neat revolvers

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    No! Each cylnder is "fitted" to each particular gun. It has to do with the revolvers timing. You can send a cylnder off to get rechambered but not the otherway around. Ruger will need the whole firearm to fit it properly.

I would recommend Ruger if you wanted to get a 2nd cylnder. they are good at what they do and stand behind their work. My experience is 1. I't's hard to find a good local revolversmith and 2. They get memory loss if their work comes down with problems...Ruger doesn't!

I have a Blackhawk convertable in 9mm with a 357 clynder. They are neat revolvers
    Thanks! Good to know. I did use their servce once about 14 years ago. I was satisfied.

Top Bottom