Ruger American Predator 6.5 Creedmoor (Review)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Got the latest video review up on the The Hide. This time over the Ruger American Predator in 6.5 Creedmoor. Initial impressions are its a ton of value for the price. Nice features with very respectable accuracy out of the box. Shooting some various factory match loads showed some very nice results with a couple of them shooting into a sub MOA group. Really glad I picked one of these up cant wait to get some more trigger time behind it to see how well it will do at some longer ranges.

[video=youtube;jIXbqyiRC7o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIXbqyiRC7o[/video]

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Got this Ruger out a little bit more today after trimming the trigger spring and adding some resin to the buttstock to firm it up for some groups at 210yrds. Have to say this thing shooting pretty good managed these two groups today with factory ammo. I think the only thing holding this rifle back is a stock upgrade and a better scope....

RAP_1.jpg

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    I've really been thinking about picking one of these up in .223. Looks like I may have to do that in the near future. These things have been proving to be excellent shooters time and time again.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I've really been thinking about picking one of these up in .223. Looks like I may have to do that in the near future. These things have been proving to be excellent shooters time and time again.

Yea I have to agree, for the money I'm really impressed with this rifle. Its shoots very well, the only thing holding this rifle back IMO is the stock and the scope. I bet it would be quite the shooter in a better stock that was more solid and stable. The actions on these rifles are amazingly smooth and cutting that trigger spring made a world of difference. I wouldn't hesitate trying another one of the rifles out, for the money their tough to beat.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I got the Ruger American Predator in 6.5 Creedmoor back out for a little more shooting after doing a few cheap DIY mods. I have to say I'm really impressed with how well this rifle shoots, especially now with a bit better trigger pull. For the price point their hard to not take a close look at!

[video=youtube;swSPGvVJYqo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swSPGvVJYqo[/video]

Top Bottom