• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Enthusiast

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    Does anyone have any feedback they would like to share on the Ruger Blackhawk convertible? I'm thinking of putting the 357/9mm variety on my wish list.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I have one (I'll get a 2nd one sometime) and they are a very neat option for me. I wanted the 4 5/8 but the price was right on a 6 1/2". It is nice because you basically have 3 rounds to choose to run in it which the way it has been going on ammo selection is not a bad option.

The 9mm is a little less accurate than the 38/357 but unless you have OCD or want rifle like accuracy the are fine. You should with the right loads get 1 1/2" out of the 357 and slightly bigger with the 9mm. It is fine for what they were made for.

The only caution I would say is even though it has an ejector rod not sure about how hard the 9mm steel case ammo like Wolf etc would be to get out. Steel expands and I have seen some 625 revolvers not be able to eject them without a dowel rod through the front end of the chynder and a healthy smack on it. Again might not be an issue with the Ruger with the ejector rod but I never tested it.

I would recommend the convertable just for ^%$*'s and giggles they are fun!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I have 4vBlackhawks. One of them is the convertable. I love them all! The cylinder changing is easy. I think you will like it.

Enthusiast

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    Now you got me wanting to bump it to the top of my wish list. I try to stay clear of steel case ammo and generally reload my plinkin stuff on the lighter side, so no issue there. Thanks for your opinion.

84VETTE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Salem
    I really like the idea of the convertibles, I just wish they would bring back the 38-40 winchester / 10mm version.

Top Bottom