• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I saw the matte stainless version at Bass Pro. Way overpriced, of course. Sigh.

But a beautiful revolver.

In what towns are some of these other specimens mentioned located? If anyone is willing to share that info.......

Beech Grove Firearms had 2 matte stainless in a few days ago. They said they are the 3rd and 4th ones they've received and they go fairly quickly, so you may want to call before you make the drive. $679 I believe on the sticker.

augdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Sheridan
    Its an absolutely amazing gun. Whatever you get rid of to pick one up will be worth it.

I've been buying and trying various handguns since 2000, and this is in my top 2 all time favorites (the other being a Springfield Loaded - Blackened stainless steel edition). Looks good, shoots like a champ, comfortable to carry, shoots like a champ, perfect weight and balance, shoots like a champ, .357 magnum goodness, shoots like a champ...seems like I'm forgetting something...oh yeah, it shoots like a champ.

Seriously, 6 shots in a box the size of a credit card at 25y free hand.

How is the action and trigger pull?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have the matte stainless version that I got from Indy Trading Post. It was used (technically) but it was also a little over $200 less than the prices listed in this thread... :D

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    How is the action and trigger pull?

Smoooth. A very nice double action pull.

Full review here:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/283189-review_ruger_gp100_wiley_clapp_edition.html

Trigger: The trigger is smooth and predictable. As I stated, all shooting was done DAO. The trigger stages well, the drawstroke is smooth, and it breaks cleanly. The trigger reset is long, as it is with any double action revolver, but I never short stroked it or felt it was a hassle. One of my friends, an armorer with decades of revolver experience, said it was one of the nicest factory triggers he's ever felt in a wheel gun.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Smoooth. A very nice double action pull.

Full review here:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/283189-review_ruger_gp100_wiley_clapp_edition.html

Trigger: The trigger is smooth and predictable. As I stated, all shooting was done DAO. The trigger stages well, the drawstroke is smooth, and it breaks cleanly. The trigger reset is long, as it is with any double action revolver, but I never short stroked it or felt it was a hassle. One of my friends, an armorer with decades of revolver experience, said it was one of the nicest factory triggers he's ever felt in a wheel gun.

It may be just me, but the trigger almost feels like a two stage trigger.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It may be just me, but the trigger almost feels like a two stage trigger.

I can see that. It was very easy to stage. Now that I think about it, I don't think I've fired in single action once.

I had our armorer polish up in the internals and its even smoother now. You don't notice it on the take up, but at about the 75% mark to the 90% mark you can tell. Its soooo smooooooth.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Would this make a good revovler to keep in one's truck or would the sp 101 be better?

SP101 is a 5 shot instead of 6, doesn't have the nicer sights, doesn't have the melt job, etc. but its cheaper. The WC GP 100 is the better gun of the two, but the 101 is completely acceptable and less $$$. Up to you if the extra cost is worth it.

On a side note, if you are leaving a firearm unattended in a vehicle, please secure it in some fashion so we aren't arming thieves.

Ejohnson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Dublin, IN
    I have the 6" version in stainless. I bought it about 8 years ago from a retired PO, barely shot a box thru it. He had the trigger worked, all u have to so is breathe on it. I won 2 competitions with it. I plan on keeping it for a long time.

Top Bottom