Ruger LC9...good-bad....what are they worth?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    I have a Ruger LC9 that I use when I want to carry a pocket gun and I have no complaints about it. Others will chime in with they don't like the trigger on it but while it is not great trigger than again its not a target gun either. I have no problem hitting what I am aiming at so its good for me (but I am not going to shoot a couple of hundred rounds through it while at the range :D) I don't remember what I paid for mine new (and it is not the one with the Crimson trace on it), so I have no help for you there.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'm New To INGO, Not Sure If This I Legal. What Are Your Thoughts On The RugEr LC9 With Crimson Trace? What Is A Good Price Used?

Crimson trace equipped guns are perfectly legal or the GOV would be shutting the sale and production down (unless California and mass have a complient issue with their squirrely laws). Good to go here. As far as price not 100% sure but have seen them in the 300.00 range for some full size. On the LC 9 and similar size the package runs about 100.00 more than a stock pistol. probably a little more if you buy it separately from the firearm.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I just sold my LC9 with the crimson trace laser. I thought it was a good gun, easily concealed , reliable and yes the trigger pull is looooong! But for the price it's a great buy. It also has alot of safety features on it. I sold it to make room for more 1911's.

Enthusiast

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    I like mine and it is not for sale. It carries well, eats everything I feed it without a hiccup and I've gotten used to the long trigger pull. How much is trust in your weapon to operate correctly worth?

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The LC9 is nothing more than a revolver with a magazine. Guess I'm just old school but that DAO is still one of the best and safest designs. if you know how to stage the trigger on them are very accurate as well.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I'm happy with my Ruger. Perfect for pocket carry unless you're wearing skinny jeans or something. Nice little glove box gun too. Yes the trigger is long. And unless you train, you will often pull the gun off target. It's a stout little palm smaker too. But you won't see failure to feed or extraction problems even if you tend to limp wrist it (at least that's my pistol).
    I don't like the lasers at all on these guns. Especially ones that automatically go off. They're definitely over rated and don't make up for poor aim. In addition, they could give your position away in some situations. I had a laser on mine and removed it.

Richwon4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Northern IN
    I have nothing bad to say in regards to my LC9....learn where the break point is with the trigger. I bought mine new for $350, expect to pay $35-50 more for the laser. I find myself carrying my 38 more and more.

Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Due to the loooooooooooooong reset of the trigger, it is hard to shoot rapidly compared with a striker fired M&P/ GLOCK style trigger. Also makes it hard to shoot accurately at speed.

It is concealable and light weight. You have to ask, though, what the primary attributes are for which you are looking in a carry gun.

For me, capacity along with powerful, accurate, and fast shooting have typically been just as important as light and concealable for me in a carry piece.

Then again, these days I mostly tote a Smith Model 60 in .357 Magnum.

Fun!

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    If given the choice between an LC9 and a Kahr CM9, I'd choose the Kahr every time. If I was going to move up in pricing a bit, I'd shoot a Glock 26.

Top Bottom