• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • k1500

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2013
    West Lafayette
    I have a Ruger LC9 as a carry pistol. I bought it new and later bought an extra factory Ruger mag. I noticed one mag seems to slide/fit better but both feed fine. One mag is made in the US and the other Italy (Mecgar contract?). It seems that the US mag comes ajar (fully loaded). Now, it could be when I grab the pistol to holster it and my thumb maybe bumps the mag release. There have been a few times I've noticed this loose mag situation. This is concerning because without the mag fully inserted, the pistol will not fire even with a round in the chamber. I've been using the Italy mag as the regular carry mag but still have a tendency to do a "mag check" often.

I don't actually know which mag came with the pistol. Has anyone else observed this situation? I'm going to make more mental notes on the Italian mag. As long as it keeps seated, I'm ok with it. Just hoping this isn't a pistol problem with all mags.

oldrookie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    I have LC9 which came with two mags. One shorter than the other. I have not experienced the issues you describe. I will say the extended mag does not fit quite as tight as the pinky mag. I have put several hundred rounds through the firearm.

sun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Connecticut
    My son let me be the first to shoot his "new" used LC9 at a backup pistol plate match and the first few times the mag came loose which prevented it from firing after the first shot or two. At first I thought that I didn't seat the mag properly, but soon realized that the way that I was holding the grip had caused me to hit the magazine release. Then my son coached me about how to hold the grip to avoid it from happening again which I made the conscious effort to do. But the repeated occurrences really made me believe that due to the pistol design, folks must be careful about how they hold it. I assume that it was a factory mag.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom