• ...and so much more!
  • Littlejoe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Elrod Indiana
    Hey Guys,

I have been CCing a Kel-tec 32 for the last 2 years. I am very happy with it, just worried the little .32 would just make someone mad if I had to use it. I carried a Glock 26 for about a year before that and it was just to big for my pocket. Well today I stopped by the gun shop and a friend that works there showed me a like new in the box Ruger LC9 he just got in. He sold it to the guy 2 weeks ago for his wife... She didn't like the snap of the 9mm. He traded it in for a 22 revolver. Anyway I looked it over and compared it to my Kel- tec, put it in my pocket and pulled it out to see if it was as easy to conceal as my little .32... Well it was. I have never bought a gun without shooting it first or reading alot about it. But i did. I will shoot it tomorrow and see how i did. I have a stockpile of 9mm ammo for my Glocks and Carbines. I just hope this little Ruger is a good one. I looked for posts on here about this little LC9 but didn't find much. I know they have not been out long,but can you guys tell me anything about this little Ruger?:patriot:

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Littlejoe

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Hey Guys,

I have been CCing a Kel-tec 32 for the last 2 years. I am very happy with it, just worried the little .32 would just make someone mad if I had to use it. I carried a Glock 26 for about a year before that and it was just to big for my pocket. Well today I stopped by the gun shop and a friend that works there showed me a like new in the box Ruger LC9 he just got in. He sold it to the guy 2 weeks ago for his wife... She didn't like the snap of the 9mm. He traded it in for a 22 revolver. Anyway I looked it over and compared it to my Kel- tec, put it in my pocket and pulled it out to see if it was as easy to conceal as my little .32... Well it was. I have never bought a gun without shooting it first or reading alot about it. But i did. I will shoot it tomorrow and see how i did. I have a stockpile of 9mm ammo for my Glocks and Carbines. I just hope this little Ruger is a good one. I looked for posts on here about this little LC9 but didn't find much. I know they have not been out long,but can you guys tell me anything about this little Ruger?:patriot:

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Littlejoe

The LC9 is a snappy little bugger, but everyone tells me that they are very dependable. You will not enjoy it as a range toy, but as a pocket pistol it's a good buy.

Toolepqk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.3%
    52   2   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    I had one and out a good number of rounds through it. It is very easy for conceal. I didn't have any problem with ammo but heard it didn't like s&b. It's snappy but not uncomfortable to shoot, I enjoyed mine.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I really enjoy mine. I always research my gun purchases like you do, so I assure you that you're good to go with the LC9 by my research standards. Trigger will take some getting used to, but don't get frustrated with it. Just focus on the sight alignment and take your fair share of dryfires andyoull be good to go. The trigger is long if you're not used to it.

jamstutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    Berne
    Every handgun is a compromise between convenience, comfort, and the ability to do what you need a handgun to do. The LC9 is a great little handgun, small enough that you can always have it with you, yet in a caliber that has a proven history to do the job. Another advantage is that 9 mm seems to be one of the more available and less costly than other calibers. Of the handguns in this niche, the LC9 seems so far to be one of the most reliable and ergonomic of the handguns available in its price range. :twocents:

Mat250

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I have been doing a lot of research on the lc9 as well and everything I've read has been positive as far as reliability goes. The trigger is the only gripe I've read about. If it doesn't bother you I'd say you've got a winner however there is a company making some parts that are supposed to help with the trigger pull, length, reset. Ruger SR9, Galloway Precision Asheville, NC LC9 performance parts
    As of now this gun is on my "next" list. I hope you enjoy yours.

NickL45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    I bought a LC9 about 1 month ago and shot it the first weekend I had it. I shot 100 rounds of Remington FMJ rounds through it without a hiccup. I also shot 50 rounds of old, mixed carry rounds I had accumulated through the years. All but one of them fired flawlessly. The one that didn't was an odd shaped hollowpoint that caught a little on the feed ramp. I taped the back of the slide and it chambered and fired with no further issues. I also shot around 25 rounds of 124 grain carry ammo with no problems. I found the accuracy to be very acceptable at 7 and 15 yards at an indoor range. I'm left handed and didn't have any problems with magazine releases, manual safety engaging, or slide failing to lock open when empty. I'm planning on carrying it in my front pocket with a Nemesis holster. I'm very pleased with it so far, overall.

I shot it again 1 week ago. To begin with I fired all of the 124 grain hollow points that I carry with it, in 2 magazines. Both magazines fired flawlessly. I then fired another 100 rounds of Fiocchi 124 grain hollow points without any problems at all. I've cleaned it after both firings and have not noticed any unusual wear on the guide rod or other parts.

Overall, I really like this gun. I'm carrying it in my strong side front pocket with a Nemesis holster with a spare magazine in my weak side pocket.

Toolepqk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.3%
    52   2   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    My lc9 had wear problems on the guide rod. Ruger did send another free. I put a lot of rounds through mine, as long as it was clean it had no problems.

I would look at the sr9c, it's not much bigger and a much better shooter, just my opinion.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I'm a huge Ruger fan but I seriously doubt I would like the LC9 over my Kahr PM9 for deep concealment. I have the SR9c and would highly recommend that as well.

retyree98

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Brooklyn
    I haven't heard much negative about the LC9, but there seem to be a lot of used ones on the markethat mean Somebody didn't like them anough to keep...just sayin...

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I would look at the sr9c, it's not much bigger and a much better shooter, just my opinion.

Although the SR9c is easier to shoot, it is significantly larger depending on the method of carry. For pocket carry, the SR9c is most definitely too large whereas my LC9 works very well. For IWB, the SR9c works very well, so I wouldn't personally use the LC9 for IWB carry. I think it all depends on method of carry.

Toolepqk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.3%
    52   2   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Although the SR9c is easier to shoot, it is significantly larger depending on the method of carry. For pocket carry, the SR9c is most definitely too large whereas my LC9 works very well. For IWB, the SR9c works very well, so I wouldn't personally use the LC9 for IWB carry. I think it all depends on method of carry.

That's is a good point, the lc9 did fit easily in my front pocket. The sr9c you couldn't easily do that.

Top Bottom