• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gtl1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I bought a ProMag MAG-447 for my Ruger LCP 380 (half the price of a Ruger factory mag), but it doesn't seem to fit.

Has anyone else had issues with these mags in their LCP 380? Did you return it, replace it, or try to modify it to make it work?

Thanks

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Consider it a lesson learned. Magazines are the #1 point of failure in semi-autos. You won't want an unreliable mag for a carry gun.

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Friends don't let friends buy promag. I'd try to return it if you could. The only promags I've ever had ended up in the trash.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Promag magazines can be OK, especially for range use. I have found that the larger mags, ie those for an M&P full size, Beretta 92, S&W 5900, etc. work OK. Anything for smaller pistols, those more sensitive to bad mags IMHO, are worthless.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Seems like the LCP I had a few years ago had mags that said made in Italy. They looked like Mec-gar. Anytime you can buy an aftermarket mag from Mec-Gar, do it. They make mags for several of the big name companies. They are usually half the price and about as good as it gets. IMO.

gtl1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Checking back in.

I went to the range on Saturday. The plan was to shoot the LCP 380 at close range, the PT111G2 at mid range, and the AR at long distance.

I was finally able to get the ProMag to load and shot 12 rounds out of it without issue. I'm not sure why it wasn't cooperating before, but it seems to be fine now. It definitely won't be my carry mag or anything. I just wanted to have an extra one. I doubt I'll rely on it as a backup carry mag, either. Just thought I'd update the thread.

Top Bottom