• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tocws2002

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2016
    KY

Thanks, I guess I deserved that.....I did research some prior to posting my question and could have been more specific. So, as a followup, for anyone that has used both the LCP and the Custom and are the differences notable enough that even a casual shooter would be able to tell the difference between the two while shooting?

Thanks,

-jb

Robertpetry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2013
    I said "Done with a smile." :)

I think the Custom is definitely worth it over a Gen 1. I'm not sure about a Gen 2.

The trigger is smooth and nice compared to a Gen 1. It is much better, has a fast reset for double tapping, and is long enough to be safe but not too heavy. The Gen 1 lost accuracy for me because I had to work to pull the trigger.
    Additionally, the sights are probably a matter of preference. They do make it a little harder from time to time to draw from some holsters. They could snag. But if you are planning to aim, they make the gun very accurate at even 10+ yards.
    I like the stainless steel guide rod but I'm not sure it is really that much more durable than the plastic one.
    I like the look of the red trigger and black slide but would prefer a stainless barrel. All of the is preference.

Hopefully someone with a Gen 2 can respond regarding the trigger differences.

tocws2002

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2016
    KY
    Robert,

Thanks for the info and detailed insight, that is what I was interested in and should have asked in my previous post. I took no offense to you LMGTFY, actually thought it was funny...and warranted based on my question. I try to Google and read up on forums prior to asking questions because, chances are, it's already been asked and answered.

Thanks for the comparison, I'm leaning toward the custom now no more than what the difference in cost is.

-jb

gtl1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Kygunco had the LCP custom in stock last night. I waited to confirm that I had an FFL to do the transfer, check back today, and can't find it on their site any more. Gosh, buying guns online is so easy.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Kygunco had the LCP custom in stock last night. I waited to confirm that I had an FFL to do the transfer, check back today, and can't find it on their site any more. Gosh, buying guns online is so easy.

I noticed that as well when I went looking today

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County

Oh yeah.....

When I ordered mine through RKGuns.com in was posted "in stock". The lady I talked to said it would be shipped out the Monday after Christmas and I would get the tracking number to my local RK store. After waiting and waiting I called their customer service number and was told it wasn't really in stock but they had been expecting a delivery at that time. The delivery never came and it took a LOOOONNNGGG time to get my gun. No more RKGuns.com for me...

wckd99GT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2015
    Columbus
    kygunco sold 500 in the span of just a few days. I saw a FB post the other day that said they ordered 500 and they were in stock. About 4 days later they were out of stock "backorder available" again.

gtl1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Oh yeah.....

When I ordered mine through RKGuns.com in was posted "in stock". The lady I talked to said it would be shipped out the Monday after Christmas and I would get the tracking number to my local RK store. After waiting and waiting I called their customer service number and was told it wasn't really in stock but they had been expecting a delivery at that time. The delivery never came and it took a LOOOONNNGGG time to get my gun. No more RKGuns.com for me...

Yeah. I ordered one around Christmas for $199 and asked for a refund after 10 days of no shipping info

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Ready for some range time...

13# spring, stain less steel rod, mag extension and Houge Handall Hybrid grip...

B27EC4FC-01F9-417D-8D25-6833823E0CDA_zpsm98kcfkn.jpg

tocws2002

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2016
    KY
    This week's Rural King ad have them for $219. Want to bet that they don't have them in stock?
    Is that for the LCP or the LCP custom? Our local Rural King ad has the LCP for $209, but I've not checked to see of they have any in stock.

-jb

Top Bottom