• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    I like Ruger, but my vote would go for the Smith Bodyguard 380. Compared to the Ruger the grip is just a little bit thicker so it fits my hand better (and isn't as punishing while you're practicing at the range), it has real sights (which can be replaced with night sights if you want), the slide locks open on an empty mag, and it has a manual safety (which you can choose to use or leave off).

I can't comment on the Taurus because I'm not familiar with it.

rcox

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Jackson County
    This is the very question I had the other day. I've always thought the Ruger was the way to go. When I asked the shop keeper which was better, he said, it's personal preference. This in my book means "i don't have a clue, I'm just the janitor." I have been amazed at the overwhelming kudos to the TCP, nothing against it, just my ignorant opinion of the Ruger over the Taurus. The other shop keeper said he carries the LCP always. That the latest models corrected the trigger pull over the first models. They had an LCP for $309, and the TCP for about $280, or so. How does the blueing on the TCP hold up? I will be getting one of these soon.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If anyone is in Indy and would like to shoot a LCP before buying there more then welcome to shoot mine. I have carried mine for 2-3 yrs and added the CT so my wife can carry it in the winter.

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    Never owned or shot an LCP but did have a TCP. Im not a big fan of taurus but at the time I bought mine they came with 2 mags and the carry case which pushed me to it over an LCP which came with one mag and was higher priced. I also liked that the TCP had somewhat of a front sight. I had some jams on the first 2 mags but after that I put 100 rounds through my TCP before trading it off. If I had a choice Id go with a LCP.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    I've owned both the LCP and TCP. Ruger and Taurus will both provide service. Size is roughly equal. TCP costs less ($200 @ Midwest right now), and IIRC the slide locks open after the last round. TCP felt better in my hand, and was easier to get in/out of my pocket holster. Both are snappy to shoot, but they aren't intended to be range guns. TCP looks cooler IMO. Almost everything favors the TCP. However, mine would never feed reliably, even after two trips back to Taurus. So, I traded the TCP and now carry the LCP when deep concealment is needed. The LCP needs a monthly cleaning as it picks up pocket lint and can get balky. As long as I've kept it clean, there has never been a problem.

If you get a good TCP, then it's a great choice. I just could never trust my life to the one I had (which was purchased new).

A friend just bought a TCP - we'll see if he got a good one.

Top Bottom