• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ccook1065

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Congrats on your new gun! I like Golden Saber HBJ it is a personal defense round and feeds really well in the small autos, because it has a more rounded edge on the bullet! they are made by Remington.

I wish I would have read this before I bought some ammo... I bought Federal Hydra shok. I am pretty sure it will see FTF with this ammo because of the sharp edges... The good thing is I have a reason to go back to the gun store. :)

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    I wish I would have read this before I bought some ammo... I bought Federal Hydra shok. I am pretty sure it will see FTF with this ammo because of the sharp edges... The good thing is I have a reason to go back to the gun store. :)
    Ah, don't worry about it....Try shooting them, it's always a good idea to shoot any ammo before you carry it.

Tactical Flannel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    West Central Indiana

I'd suggest trying them before you discount them as failures. They've worked in every caliber that I've had oppurtunity to use them in. Obviously it could be weapon dependent, but not caliber dependent.
    Let us know how they work if you don't mind.

Stay safe

mkelsey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Springville
    I just got an LCP today. I stopped on the way home and picked up a couple boxes of fmj plinking ammo and 2 boxes of Gold Dots. Did not have a whole lot of time but was able to run one box(20) of the Gold Dots through and it did not have any problem with them at all. I will try other types as I find them but these Gold Dots are almost always available around here.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Congrats! I have used several different ammos with no problems. I currently carry critical defense in it. Great gun....practice wither the trigger and follow up shots as its a little snappy with long trigger pull.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    That's hilarious I bought A Taurus TCP had multiple problems with it sent it back to Taurus, they sent me a new gun after about 200 rds I stripped it to clean and noticed the frame had cracked sent it back to Taurus again to have them replace it. Once I got the 3rd one I decided to sell it and got the LCP w/CT. It's a great pocket pistol if u can get use to the lengthy trigger pull.

My experience was similar. Sadly, the TCP was junk.

As for carrying the LCP, keep it cleaned and lubed, as it picks up pocket lint and can get balky. If you maintain it and get it out once a month or so, it should serve you well.

Top Bottom