• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rdg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Fishers
    Congrats. It is a nice gun for a pocket gun. Recoil and sound seems a little excessive but it does what it is made for and is easily concealed. Enjoy!

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    OkieGirl has one. We call it her "5 foot gun". We thought it was going to be her primary carry, but after some range time with it we realized it is better suited as a backup for close quarters.

Spikedog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Lafayette
    I got one and found that the magazine extensions work really well to manage recoil. Another "fix" for recoil is swapping the recoil spring for a Wolff extra power spring.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I got one and found that the magazine extensions work really well to manage recoil. Another "fix" for recoil is swapping the recoil spring for a Wolff extra power spring.

The Pearce mag extensions give you added real estate on the grip versus the stock Ruger mag extensions, as an added note.

Also, I've found my Hogue Handall Jr. grip sleeve also helps with recoil.

I might try the Wolf spring! Thanks for the tip! :yesway:

jjohnson

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    I haven't had too much trouble with recoil. I do have some 100 gr USA ammo that has a pretty good bite, but all in all the gun is comfortable to shoot.

Congrats. It is a nice gun for a pocket gun. Recoil and sound seems a little excessive but it does what it is made for and is easily concealed. Enjoy!

jjohnson

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    You might think I'm pulling your chain, but I was hitting a man size steel target at 50 yards.

OkieGirl has one. We call it her "5 foot gun". We thought it was going to be her primary carry, but after some range time with it we realized it is better suited as a backup for close quarters.

jjohnson

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    Mine came with a promag clip with the extension. I like it very well.

The Pearce mag extensions give you added real estate on the grip versus the stock Ruger mag extensions, as an added note.

Also, I've found my Hogue Handall Jr. grip sleeve also helps with recoil.

I might try the Wolf spring! Thanks for the tip! :yesway:

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Pretty sure he was expressing his disbelief in the form of a popcorn eating emoticon. ;) The 50yd comment is just a little...well, it's just hard to believe is all.

+1 For a gun that has virtually non-existent sights, IMO. I'm not saying it can't happen, but I know that I couldn't do it.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I can barely hit a man sized target at 20ft with an LCP. The gun is horrible to shoot. If you have really small hands it might be better though. For me it is the pits, and it's only useful as a BUG.

jjohnson

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    Pretty sure he was expressing his disbelief in the form of a popcorn eating emoticon. ;) The 50yd comment is just a little...well, it's just hard to believe is all.
    I completly understand. I would not have believed it either if I wasn't the one to do it. There are some clips on youtube of others doing simmilar things.

Top Bottom