• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    I completly understand. I would not have believed it either if I wasn't the one to do it. There are some clips on youtube of others doing simmilar things.

Well, yeah. I saw Hicock45 reach out to 230yds with a Glock 27. Would have I believed it if I didn't have video evidence? Nope, sorry.

[ame]http://youtu.be/GmMEg4y54Dk[/ame]

MikeyB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2011
    Just sold my LCP to fund another gun purchase :-P but I do like them a lot. My wife still has hers and she loves it. She carries it in a crossbreed holster and it's very comfortable. Not a range gun by any means but it serves it's purpose nicely.

APB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2012
    The LCP is great for carrying in your pocket or you can attach a small belt clip to it. But that being said it is brutal on the hand when shooting it at the range.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    You might think I'm pulling your chain, but I was hitting a man size steel target at 50 yards.

No, don't doubt you. That's never a scenario she would use it for.

Think: 1- Bad guy, 2- Pull, 3- Bang Bang Bang....:D

(Edit: about as fast as you can read that line)

bobcoop06

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Marshall County
    If an LCP is miserable to shoot, someone needs to please tell my little sisters! Box after box of .380's get expensive!

298951_2047031213324_1170720100_32129440_258361_n.jpg

303745_2047056813964_1170720100_32129470_5211928_n.jpg

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    Well, yeah. I saw Hicock45 reach out to 230yds with a Glock 27. Would have I believed it if I didn't have video evidence? Nope, sorry.

Just going to go on and say that Hicock45 is one helluva shot with none of the pretention that comes with exhibition shooting. Here is his work with the LCP:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrE371hU8m4[/ame]

js24

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    My mother has one and I can't stand the kick on it, nor can she. She never uses it because of it. Not a bad gun, you just have to be okay with the recoil. I have two Rugers though and they are smooth on kick, but one is .45 and the other is a 9, so that is why.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    My mother has one and I can't stand the kick on it, nor can she. She never uses it because of it. Not a bad gun, you just have to be okay with the recoil. I have two Rugers though and they are smooth on kick, but one is .45 and the other is a 9, so that is why.

LCP wasn't made for fun at the range or target gun. It's for close range protection and light weight carry. My wife and I shoot ours monthly to keep proficent with them, but use other guns for fun. Recoil isn't that bad really.

Try some Hornady Critical Defense rounds in it and see what you think.

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    That's our plan as well Looney. Even though they're not real fun to shoot, my wife and I try to put a mag or two thru each of our's every time we go shooting. In fact, we just tested the Wolff springs in both of them with good results....the 13 and 12 lb springs both function fine with cheap ball, better hollowpoint, and our carry Hornady Zombie-Max/Critical Defense loads. The heavier springs, along with Pachmayr Grip Gloves, really help take some of the "bite" out of shooting the LCPs for us.

Brownells Search - World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools - BROWNELLS

Mad Anthony Wayne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    NE central Indiana
    If an LCP is miserable to shoot, someone needs to please tell my little sisters! Box after box of .380's get expensive!

Lol! That's great. I have one with the factory installed Lasermax laser. At 21 feet I can put every shot into the head of a target. At 25 yards keeping it on paper is no problem. Sure, it's a little snappy, but describing it as "brutal" or "severe recoil" is a bit carried away. I'm not trying to say anyone on this site is less than a man, but....

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Also, your grip matters. You want to grip it like you are trying to prevent someone from taking it from you. In other words, very tightly. That helps with the percieved snapiness.

Top Bottom