• Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Another +1 for the MkII series.

I used to own a 50th Anniversary Ruger MkII pistol. I bought it "used" but unfired. Of course I shot it. It was fantastic. I stupidly sold that one away.

I now own a MkII 22/45 that I've spent way way way too much money on. Please don't tell my wife.

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    You know, people complain about taking them down and putting them back together, but I've never had a problem.

For that matter, I've detail stripped my pistol nearly 3 dozen times in a month working on getting a good smooth repeatable 3.5lb trigger with no creep.

If you follow the instructions it's not difficult. For a mkII that is, the mkIII's are a pita because of the magazine disconnect with is NOT a safety and just bureaucratic asininity.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    I managed to get one of my MK IIs down to a crisp 1.5 lb. trigger pull with zero creep using the OEM hammer and sear - but it required tearing it down and putting back together MANY times. You will get very good at it after a while. It's not hard - just very different from most handguns.

Longhair

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    MKII for the win!

DJJ_9506w_zps5o4pbwpv.jpg

Yes indeed!

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    I purchased a Mark II bull barrell target pistol from Bradis in 1989, I still have it and it's my favorite target pistol. My wife has a 22/45 lite with a target barrel and prefers my Mark II. The mark II can be taken down, cleaned and re assembled with minimal problems after you get used to it the markIII not so much.

Archer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You know, people complain about taking them down and putting them back together, but I've never had a problem.

For that matter, I've detail stripped my pistol nearly 3 dozen times in a month working on getting a good smooth repeatable 3.5lb trigger with no creep.

If you follow the instructions it's not difficult. For a mkII that is, the mkIII's are a pita because of the magazine disconnect with is NOT a safety and just bureaucratic asininity.

Yes, once you get used to it. Did you get it 100% right the first time you did it?

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I now own a MkII 22/45 that I've spent way way way too much money on. Please don't tell my wife.

Well, I just learned something else here on INGO, I didn't know there was a mkII, 22/45 !!!!!

I own a mkIII 22/45 .....

You know, people complain about taking them down and putting them back together, but I've never had a problem

Me either, I take mine apart, and put it back together, in no time flat !!!!!

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    Thanks ! It has became an addiction of mine.

I know how that goes.

I've spent a ridiculous amount of time just tinkering with mine to get the perfect trigger.

FYI, knifekits sells phosphorous bronze washers in the sizes needed to shim up the trigger components so there's no slop. hammer/trigger pins are .155-.156, and the hammer bushing is .217-.220 depending on manufacturer.

Before shimming it up, my trigger pull varied quiet a bit, now it's consistent.

I'm already looking at number 2, and it's a NIB mkII.

Top Bottom