• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    Well, I got my new MKIII Standard 4 3/4" out for some extended shooting yesterday. Man, this pistol is accurate! I started out shooting those evil soda/soup cans at about 15 yards and then I really wanted to get some distance in. I decided to move out to 30 yards. I was hitting my targets consistantly and this was with cheap bulk ammo. When I first ordered the pistol I was a little concerned with it having fixed sights but I have been completey happy with the purchase. The only problem I had was the mag release was binding on the modified MKII grip I fitted, causing the mag to sometimes not have a positive lock up. When the pistol would lock back after the last round, the mag release button would partially stick. All I had to do in the field was drop the empty mag, close the bolt and then the button would re-set. So when I got home I just had to do a little more trimming on the inside of the grip panel with the ol dremel and now it seems fine. This is quickly becoming my favorite pistol to shoot! Next time out I want to try it at 50 yards. I love pushing these 22's just to see what I can do with them.:rockwoot:
    picture.php

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    I like the grips. .22s are a great for pure shooting fun. You should invest in a couple more mags and a mag loader. You can't possibly be eating up the ammo fast enough with that configuration. :whistle: :D

You've probably already heard it, but the one downside to Ruger Mk-x is the disassembly/reassembly. If you have trouble, there are multiple videos on Youtube to help.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    I enjoy shooting my MkIII Hunter as well. I've heard nothing but good things about every model in the Ruger Mark series. :yesway: The take-down and reassembly is initially challenging and/or frustrating, but the learning curve isn't terribly steep; especially after viewing a few videos. Like the grips on yours. :yesway:

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    I have 5 mags and the ultimate clip loader, man a brick of ammo goes pretty fast. I've had a few MKIII's and have never really had a prob. with disassembly/re-assembly. I can have this pistol broke down, cleaned and put back together in about 10mins.

daspurlock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Great gun, just added on to my collection a few months back. Saw a video on McFadden clip loader. I' m going to pick one up, you should check them out. Will make that bulk ammo go alot faster.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I have never been able to shoot a standard barreled one. I have the MKII gov target, so do two of my shooting buddies. I will admit the trigger pull on mine needs a little love and care but someone other than I. If it had the trigger break of my target buckmark i would shoot it better.

It was my first pistol purchase and I will never part with it.

get with me if you get to east central indiana and we will go to the gun club and I can shot yours and you can try my gov model and target buckmark.

DSC03077.jpg

DSCN0504.jpg

Top Bottom