• ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Capture.jpg

Hey INGO, anyone here an expert on New Vaquero grip frame swaps? I was thinking about picking up a .45 ACP only model for a range toy, but they only come with the bird's head grip. I'd much prefer the Bisley grip or the regular plow handle grip, and was wondering if the conversion is possible, and if so, is it expensive? I'd have to have someone do it for me, leave me in a padded room with an anvil and I'll find a way to break it. :)

Thanks!

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    I believe the grip frames for the New Vaquero are easily interchanged. But, if you shop around Ruger did make the New Vaquero with an extra cylinder, one for .45 Colt and the other for .45 ACP.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Thanks all! I've been looking around for a Vaquero convertible, but they are few and far between, even online. And none of them are Bisley models. I figured that if I bought the 3.75" Bird's Head model in .45 ACP only, I'd just swap the grip frame and hammer for the Bisley models. I really don't need a .45 Colt for anything, just want a toy to play with, so a Vaquero in .45 ACP only is ideal. Plus, I'd have something unique, sort of a "Bisley Sheriff's" model.

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    Thanks all! I've been looking around for a Vaquero convertible, but they are few and far between, even online. And none of them are Bisley models. I figured that if I bought the 3.75" Bird's Head model in .45 ACP only, I'd just swap the grip frame and hammer for the Bisley models. I really don't need a .45 Colt for anything, just want a toy to play with, so a Vaquero in .45 ACP only is ideal. Plus, I'd have something unique, sort of a "Bisley Sheriff's" model.

Keep an eye out on the SASS forums. As a non-member you can't sell anything, but you can buy things. Or you could just become a member and come out and shoot with us and then the 45 Colt would be fun.

https://www.sassnet.com/forums/index.php?/forum/14-sass-wire-classifieds/

Top Bottom